Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
I never said it has no interest. It kills me how it can be shunned because of idiotic reasons.
Ok, that makes sense.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I never said it has no interest. It kills me how it can be shunned because of idiotic reasons.
While this is a trackable car, it's a luxury purchase at the same time, and hence by definition makes no sense... I can speak for myself, while I may push this car to its limits on rare occasions, at 6 am on a sunny Sunday, I still like the idea of this thing being totally radical and different... That's MY perception of luxury, and what I'd like this car to be for me... You could also consider us to be over enthusiast P owners, dreaming of owning the next 993 GT2 or Porsche as collectible and hardcore... This enthusiasm keeps this thread going, and creates controversial opinions for sure... So what!

Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Enthusiasm is great and we all have it, especially for Porsche. All I'm saying is you can't expect a straight race car from a What now is a sports/luxury car manufacturer. If that's What you want you get a cup car.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Enthusiasm is great and we all have it, especially for Porsche. All I'm saying is you can't expect a straight race car from a What now is a sports/luxury car manufacturer. If that's What you want you get a cup car.
Some of us are excited about the thought of something in-between... A tweaked engine, CF bits, two tone interior, and a plate on the dashboard is just too easy, and no big deal as a last hurrah for the 997... And would make it simply a GT3RS +... Porsche did about 25 street 993 RSRs, and we're hoping they'd do it again... There is still a world to explore and be in, between a GT3RS and a Cup/R/RSR... We're hoping Porsche takes us there...

Old 03-27-2011, 07:20 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
Some of us are excited about the thought of something in-between... A tweaked engine, CF bits, two tone interior, and a plate on the dashboard is just too easy, and no big deal as a last hurrah for the 997... And would make it simply a GT3RS +... Porsche did about 25 street 993 RSRs, and we're hoping they'd do it again... There is still a world to explore and be in, between a GT3RS and a Cup/R/RSR... We're hoping Porsche takes us there...
As cool as a 997RSR Street car would be, I just don't think it is going to happen. This is looking more and more like a GT3RS+.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ljg
As cool as a 997RSR Street car would be, I just don't think it is going to happen. This is looking more and more like a GT3RS+.
With this car Porsche wants to celebrate the end of the 997: the most succesful (on road and track) model ever.
I am sure it will be more than a GT3RS+...

Originally Posted by marakji
While this is a trackable car, it's a luxury purchase at the same time, and hence by definition makes no sense... I can speak for myself, while I may push this car to its limits on rare occasions, at 6 am on a sunny Sunday, I still like the idea of this thing being totally radical and different... That's MY perception of luxury, and what I'd like this car to be for me... You could also consider us to be over enthusiast P owners, dreaming of owning the next 993 GT2 or Porsche as collectible and hardcore... This enthusiasm keeps this thread going, and creates controversial opinions for sure... So what!
Exactly!
And this is what every Forum exists for...

Last edited by Ressy; 03-28-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ljg
Porsche can build a 4.0 GT3RS++ and cosmetically they can do what this dude did:

Attached Images    
Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
^I bet that was cheap. I like everything except the vent in front of the front tires.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
^I bet that was cheap. I like everything except the vent in front of the front tires.
I know him, this is a 997GT3RS MK1 "tuned" RSR style.
Rumours say that BBS rims have been done upon his request as he could not find right dimensions for road-use tyres.
I do not know how much he spent but I guess the price should not be far from what he paid for the original car...

Last edited by Ressy; 03-28-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Damn nice car either way.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!