Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
^ I agree, a surprise would be much more appropriate.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
What do you consider the most memorable 997 to be, to date? The GT2RS? The Speedster? The GT3RS MKI? The GT2? If you can't answer with sure conviction, then Porsche still has one critical last mission before retiring the 997...

Old 03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 RS.1 (997) is the last Porsche production car to not have stability management . I will keep mine and dont think ill upgrade to the LE . The LE will be too special to batter round a track and not special enough ( for me at least ) to put away as a keeper . It will be an awesome bit of kit though ...

Old 03-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I don't think any porsches are that special anymore, there are simply too many posh cars around. Blue and gold mk 2 rs is obviously best of the breed though.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:42 AM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
I don't think any porsches are that special anymore, there are simply too many posh cars around. Blue and gold mk 2 rs is obviously best of the breed though.
In the most unbiased post of this thread

I am curious to see what comes out of this GT3RSLE4.0LOLWTF car, but Porsche did overextend themselves a tiny bit towards the end of the 997 product cycle.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
Ill see your " posh cars " and raise you a 918
( i know you like kit cars wopps )

Last edited by wtdoom; 03-20-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I think Porsche should go back to offering a basic, stripped car that you can build up from there. Say, a basic Carrera spec engine/suspension/brakes, door cards, standard (non-electric) seats, basic (or no) radio, etc. I'd add the most potent engine/suspension/brakes, sport buckets, A/C, and not much else... The car would be most like a current GT3, but probably around $85K with no frills or nonsense. THEN Porsche will be going the direction I'd like.

Think that's not feasible? That's precisely how they sold 911s in the late '60s to mid '70s.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:05 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
GT3 RS.1 (997) is the last Porsche production car to not have stability management . I will keep mine and dont think ill upgrade to the LE . The LE will be too special to batter round a track and not special enough ( for me at least ) to put away as a keeper . It will be an awesome bit of kit though ...
agreed, and if you ever get bored of the 7.1's power you can always do a 3.9.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
the Porsche importer here in my country just got an allocation of 3 units of the RS LE.

haven't gotten details on the car, but after getting only two GT2 RS' out of their request for five units, they were able to get 3 of the LE apparently.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
What do you consider the most memorable 997 to be, to date? The GT2RS? The Speedster? The GT3RS MKI? The GT2? If you can't answer with sure conviction, then Porsche still has one critical last mission before retiring the 997...
Targa 4.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!