Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Hahahahaa! I totally would try and divert the questions by stating some cool 'justufications' too. Rep when I can. Well, hopefully they have cool watches in 40 yrs when I retire.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Hahahahaa! I totally would try and divert the questions by stating some cool 'justufications' too. Rep when I can. Well, hopefully they have cool watches in 40 yrs when I retire.
You will be fine if you realize a $4000 purse is ok repentance.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Just do it and don't ask. Remember my words of wisdom...

Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
You have much to learn young Padawan. For starters, conversations with the wife about how much watches actually cost are to be avoided at all costs. Next, you need learn the term "slush fund"

Old 04-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
You have much to learn young Padawan. For starters, conversations with the wife about how much watches actually cost are to be avoided at all costs. Next, you need learn the term "slush fund"
I had no clue you were in Politics

To be honest Kevin my wife never says no to a watch purchase. She is very instrumental in my decisions though. Only the big pilot perp did I buy without her knowing. She has a very good way of saying whether or not she likes something. In a few years you will know this LOOK of your soon to be wife as well. Show her and her first glance answers for you. In 5 years or less she will careless on watch cost etc as you will learn to return your opinions on her stuff. It's a win win. BtW my wife talked me into my last jLC and she also was the one that got me to try on a Daytona. Her opinion means everything to me on every aspect in my life. This. If you learn early will reap you MANY rewards in what I hope is a very very long marriage.

On the other side. Buying it without regard to her opinion IMHO will create an aspect of marriage you do not want.

This will be the same on everything. Watches. Cars. Clothes. Shoes etc. it works pretty damn nice when both agree on purchases.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Let me get you ready..Practice with me

Honey

Yes Kevin

Honey can I buy a new watch?

How much is it Kevin?

It's a VC honey

How much Kevin?

It's a nice dress up watch. Very thin and classy

Kevin!

$$$$$$$$$

Kevin yes you can buy that watch as soon as....

I get my new kitchen dishes
We have college money saved

But Honey we don't have kids

Well Kevin it's not too early to start saving.

Ok Honey I won't ask for another new watch ever again. I was stupid to ask. Sorry honey.
I love you

I love you to Kevin. Any other stupid questions?

No honey.
Although Mark I have noticed your wife allows you buy a car or two now and then... Just a minute late, dammit.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 04-22-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute

i have one-sided conversations with my wife about the watches and cars and services just to vent.. she just couldn't care less

Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin, in all honesty, my wife and I have a very open and honest relationship about everything, especially things pertaining to finances, money and large purchases. I feel very strongly that open and honest communication is one of the key cornerstones of any relationship that is built to last. When it comes to watches and cars, she knows how much I love both of them, and is fully supportive of my wish to buy a RSR style hot rod 911 some day (hopefully soon). When it comes to watches, dropping $1k on a LumTec or $2 to 3k on a B&R out of my "slush fund" every now and then is one thing, dropping $xx,xxx on a BP Perp is another matter altogether

Old 04-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
tbh, i think the most important thing is for our women to KNOW and trust that we wouldn't buy something we "wanted" (vs needed) if we could not really afford it, meaning that it would not intrude with the real priorities

if my wife had a strong opinion about the cost of something i bought, then i would respect that she deems value in terms different than mine, but i would not-not buy it because she "does not approve"

money i make is for me to spend however i see fit; however i see fit is something i should make obvious to my wife of all people that i basically know what i am doing

Old 04-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
This will be the same on everything. Watches. Cars. Clothes. Shoes etc. it works pretty damn nice when both agree on purchases.
Sometimes you end up with a Tiguan instead of a Cayman S though!

But I'm with you, the last thing you want is your wife to get the idea that sneaking around is how the relationship will go. That won't end well at all.

My wife knows I like watches. She told me to stop buying and selling a bunch of cheap ones and just save up for the one I really want.

Quick Reply: Your next watch