Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
^PAM's are an addiction Ali . The basic design is simple, classic and iconic, much like a vintage Porsche 356.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
i respect that E i love how they look on the wrist and their simplicity is what makes me appreciate seeing them for sure! but perhaps it is the fact that they don't have red accents that does not make me allured? i only noticed this after probably buying 4 watches, that they ALL had red accents!
i have 2 red cars, and 4 cars with red interior and i SWEAR that red is NOOOOOTTT my favourite colour

if i ever buy a panerai it will be solely for the strap-swaps! it's amazing how many straps can work for one single watch

Old 04-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SoCal
Never seen it on the bracelet before. Nice!
I think it looks amazing on bracelet!

Originally Posted by moabite
That AP diver is an absolute beauty!

A diver makes a nice daily imo.
Yup, I want it for daily.

Originally Posted by BDSK
Diver looks good on the bracelet.
Agreed!

Originally Posted by boursachi
diver is great with its heft on the wrist
the roo bracelet has grown on me ever since seeing it irl but the price of one alone is ridiculous (as is the strap, and the watch itself lol)

if only i could keep their brushed steel looking like that
Yup, it's $$$$!!! hahaha

Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I am really liking the new 5940J. I didn't think I would like the shape of the case. However, when I tried the piece on, it sat perfectly on my wrist.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond repute
really nice looking, but I think the gold is a litlle bit blingbling-esque yellowish

Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dante71
really nice looking, but I think the gold is a litlle bit blingbling-esque yellowish
Gold really cheapens it for me.

It fits his wrist well tho.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
I am really liking the new 5940J. I didn't think I would like the shape of the case. However, when I tried the piece on, it sat perfectly on my wrist.

Stunning perpetual. That in red gold vs yellow would be awesome.

Speaking of perps, this one looks sweet. A pilot perp for someone who thinks 46mm iwc is too big (and expensive)
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=6129330&rid=0

Old 04-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by dante71
Umm.. I am going to disagree. Currently there are 121 different models of wristwatches for men from Patek. Of the 121.. 23 are PT and 14 are SS. Approximately 70% of Patek's current pieces are in one form of gold.. whether yellow, rose or white. Clearly, they know their consumers tastes. In my opinion, a "gold" Patek is the farthest thing from BLING/CHEAP... it's historic, classic and timeless. Look at Patek's auction results in the past decade from Christie's, Sotheby's etc.. they speak for themselves. $5.637mm for a 1527 in yellow gold.. I could go on and on with boring statistics of Patek's sold for astronomical prices in gold.

Patek are master watchmakers from 1839. Just recently, the SS Nautilus/Aquanaut line came about. Patek is so much more than a recent "sporty" model lineup. Their real historic and most notable complicated pieces are in precious metal form dating back to the early 1800's. Most people know nothing about their history and timepieces.. they just see a cool looking SS Nautilus and think they know a Patek. Put a 1527 and a 5980 next to each other. I'd take a guess that approximately 95% of people would choose the Nautilus over the historic gem based on it's looks and because well.. it's not gold.

Originally Posted by h20skier
Gold really cheapens it for me.

It fits his wrist well tho.
Cheapens it? A gold Patek.. really? With that said, unfortunately it's not my wrist in the picture above. I didn't have my camera on me when I tried the piece on. That was the best shot I could find of one on the wrist. But it does look good in MY opinion!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm just in love with the PAM's haha

Yes looking at the picture that PF is not my favorite, but on the wrist looks very good, classy!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Gold cheapens any watch. Period.

Quick Reply: Your next watch