Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuhubb
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhubb »
I am the american representative for BRM-
OK.... And?

I was asked who I was........
vacuum between your ears?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Someone educate me on Speedmasters, I really, really really really like them.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vltsai
Someone educate me on Speedmasters, I really, really really really like them.
There are a million good articles about the Speedy on the Internet that will give you all the background info you need, wikipedia among others. The most significant thing about the watch is that it was Nasa's official watch for their spaceprogram and thus worn by Armstrong and Aldrin when they landed on the moon. Today that same model still exists and it's hardly any different from the original. It's called Speedmaster Professional. Since then a bunch of other versions have been released but the Professional will forever stick around and never be replaced.

It is without a doubt one of the most classic and significant watches of all time, right up there together with Rolex Submariner, AP Royal Oak etc.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ludas
There are a million good articles about the Speedy on the Internet that will give you all the background info you need, wikipedia among others. The most significant thing about the watch is that it was Nasa's official watch for their spaceprogram and thus worn by Armstrong and Aldrin when they landed on the moon. Today that same model still exists and it's hardly any different from the original. It's called Speedmaster Professional. Since then a bunch of other versions have been released but the Professional will forever stick around and never be replaced.

It is without a doubt one of the most classic and significant watches of all time, right up there together with Rolex Submariner, AP Royal Oak etc.
The main thing I'm interested in is which to buy and how much would I be expecting to pay. I noticed that some online retailers have it for sub-$3k new (after some sort of discount) but if I go used I'm guessing I could have it for a steal of a price. I'm assuming the standard Ref. is 3570.50.00. Are there any other Refs. to be considered? Would going vintage be an option? And where does the co-axial versions come into play? I'm guessing that's Omega's in-house movement, right?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vltsai
The main thing I'm interested in is which to buy and how much would I be expecting to pay. I noticed that some online retailers have it for sub-$3k new (after some sort of discount) but if I go used I'm guessing I could have it for a steal of a price. I'm assuming the standard Ref. is 3570.50.00. Are there any other Refs. to be considered? Would going vintage be an option? And where does the co-axial versions come into play? I'm guessing that's Omega's in-house movement, right?

Craigger I'm slumped with work, can you take care of this one?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy a used one on the gray market Varin. There are SO many that can be had at a fraction of the retail cost...

Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Ludas
Craigger I'm slumped with work, can you take care of this one?
Sorry about the questions! It's just that you guys seem to know your stuff, and this watch has REALLY started to interest me as of late. Thanks!

Originally Posted by SoCal
Buy a used one on the gray market Varin. There are SO many that can be had at a fraction of the retail cost...
Probably what is going to happen. I was looking at TimeZone earlier just to poke around. There's definitely an interesting selection on there as of right now. I really haven't found a reason to buy new for any watch I'm interested in.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
not that i would buy a Cartier watch (i think), but this is a good looking piece with a classic, timeless design.

Attached Images   
Old 03-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond repute
I would never own a watch with a timeless design...

I love this watch. Realistically, though, something along the lines of modded SKX007. I really like the look of this.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
My wife wants that IWC SO BAD, so I told here that I would buy it for her when we had our first (and only ) child.

Quick Reply: Your next watch