Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:31 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I dont really like Gold watches,rather have platinum or Carbon Fiber (different league).

Old 03-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
My carrera chronograph had its stem fall out 2 years and about 4 months after purchase. 2 year warranty. cost me $700+ to repair.
whoa! how did it fall out? totally unacceptable whichever way, just curious

Originally Posted by Speed888
They are arount 5k US$.
excellent price! i tried to find "real" pics of them worn, but to no avail. you got any mate?

Originally Posted by smy266
I love the sportiness of the grand Carrera's. My girlfriend told me the watch was so me
i would take that as a compliment! the girl is a keeper btw

Originally Posted by h20skier
My brother in law has that watch. It's cool looking.
very! my friend who had it (or the other one) is not a watch guy by any means, but it was really cool and fit his personality. i like it when you can associate a watch with a person's character

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Lots of watches on my mind, I'm waiting to see what Rolex is releasing for Basel. I've heard the GMT will be back with the Pepsi two tone also something about Sky Dweller.
gmtii ceramic with 2 coloured bezel would be nice, but i would be happier if they released the previous model with maxi dial!

Originally Posted by Lumma
the tags are nice but there prices not!!
especially in kuwait waaaay overpriced
tell me about it, what kind of discount do they give btw? i never talk to any of the salesmen at trafalgar/chopard/tag/patek, they're stuck up and cannot spot a watch guy if he knocked them on their heads

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Not my next, but I think I like the gold/SS sub.
who are you and where is Kev?

Is there a specific limit a person can tolerate purchasing a watch, I for example would love to get say a Lange Datograph Platinum but cant justify paying $80,000 on a watch. 80,000 can get you a very nice car.
i started with 5k and thought i was crazy, ended up with 40k and thought i was getting a good deal. i am so fvcked at this rate.. and you're right now it got to the point where i start comparing it to car prices. looking at the 997tt market and the 430 spider market i wouldn't buy another watch for 6 years and wouldn't mind it or care!

about fcars, i'm sorry but a CS or Scud is about as USELESS in kuwait as a manual if you are really going to DRIVE it. i spent an hour in traffic today getting from shwaikh to shaab, literally an hour, and if i were in a manual SLR even i still would've hated my life! so why even bother. i don't believe in garage queens and i subscribe to treating all cars as just that: cars, with 4 wheels that roll. that said, a 458 is way too much for our roads, let alone a stradale version! that said, 430 spider is awesome for kuwait esp with your garage you don't have to worry about the soft top. for the right price i'd urge you to do it. you owe it to yourself to be drive an fcar.
i'm gona call you again when i get the 360 back, and if i read or hear one more comment knocking it down i'm gonna break your RR's front window

Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^

You guys know me too well! I wouldn't get that, I guess I was trying to bring up what we are discussing. That all gold is a little flashy, but in little amounts it's ok. That was all I could think of with a little gold.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
whoa! how did it fall out? totally unacceptable whichever way, just curious

excellent price! i tried to find "real" pics of them worn, but to no avail. you got any mate?

i would take that as a compliment! the girl is a keeper btw

very! my friend who had it (or the other one) is not a watch guy by any means, but it was really cool and fit his personality. i like it when you can associate a watch with a person's character

gmtii ceramic with 2 coloured bezel would be nice, but i would be happier if they released the previous model with maxi dial!

tell me about it, what kind of discount do they give btw? i never talk to any of the salesmen at trafalgar/chopard/tag/patek, they're stuck up and cannot spot a watch guy if he knocked them on their heads

who are you and where is Kev?

i started with 5k and thought i was crazy, ended up with 40k and thought i was getting a good deal. i am so fvcked at this rate.. and you're right now it got to the point where i start comparing it to car prices. looking at the 997tt market and the 430 spider market i wouldn't buy another watch for 6 years and wouldn't mind it or care!

about fcars, i'm sorry but a CS or Scud is about as USELESS in kuwait as a manual if you are really going to DRIVE it. i spent an hour in traffic today getting from shwaikh to shaab, literally an hour, and if i were in a manual SLR even i still would've hated my life! so why even bother. i don't believe in garage queens and i subscribe to treating all cars as just that: cars, with 4 wheels that roll. that said, a 458 is way too much for our roads, let alone a stradale version! that said, 430 spider is awesome for kuwait esp with your garage you don't have to worry about the soft top. for the right price i'd urge you to do it. you owe it to yourself to be drive an fcar.
i'm gona call you again when i get the 360 back, and if i read or hear one more comment knocking it down i'm gonna break your RR's front window

The 360 is crap. I can outrun you in the RR Ghost and let the chauffer drive it whilst sitting at the back reading the financial times and look back at you and laugh hysterically as you eat my dust. V12 Bi turbo.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
i'll be 28 in two weeks
i stopped caring about drag races 12 yrs ago

Old 03-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
The 360 is crap. I can outrun you in the RR Ghost and let the chauffer drive it whilst sitting at the back reading the financial times and look back at you and laugh hysterically as you eat my dust. V12 Bi turbo.

360 is far from crap and your RR wouldn't last 1 mile behind me most of it straight.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
AMGFanatic
I'm joking with boursachi he is an old friend of mine.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
The 360 sounds better than the Ghost and friends don't let friend wear two-tone watches.

Last edited by BigE; 03-04-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:37 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
One of you guys should buy this:

Perrelet Peripheral Double Rotor, 42mm. Such a gorgeous and classy piece.

Last edited by samuel.g; 03-04-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I would never think twice about owning a Perrelet...

Quick Reply: Your next watch