Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Optics for M1A SOCOM 16

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah Micro-Galil is the bomb.

So I've got all my guns together (just a vanilla EO-Tech on my SOCOM for now). I'll have to take some pics of them (FN SCAR, M1A SOCOM, AK, Kimber Desert Warrior, SIG P226 TACOPS, Walther P22, custom Colt Lightweight Commander).

Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
I would definately like to see that SOCOM when you are all done with it. I have sold a few of those already and love to see the mods you do. My bro in law loves his. He kept his iron sights, and was amazed at the lack of kick in it.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks - I am actually researching a suppressor for it. It'd still be pretty compact (regular M1A length), but I still want to put better glass on it. That ACOG 6x48 is leading the list...

Old 06-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Now that I have both a .223 upper and a .300 blackout upper (soon to be suppressed) for my beloved AR, I see an ACOG in my future. Changing Eotechs between uppers is just stupid as they won't be dead on.

Let us know what you go with Chris, that's a serious chunk of change to spend on some gun stuff that doesn't actually fire a projectile.

Last edited by "The JC"; 06-26-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Watch this space.
Here's what I'm looking at so far:

ELCAN Specter DR for 7.62mm:

or
Trijicon ACOG 6x48 for 7.62mm:

Either Surefire or AAC for the can:

Old 06-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
My .300 upper is made by AAC, so I'm definitely going with their can. I'm leaning towards the Trijicon as of right now. I shot my friends H&K AR last weekend and the Trijicon was so accurate it was crazy.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond repute
I got the TA31RMR Trijicon for my SCAR16 - Love it!!