Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

THE Laker thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Good night milwaukee. Never doubt the black MAMBA. Never!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Good night milwaukee. Never doubt the black MAMBA. Never!!!
Bwahahahhhaa

The 9 fingered hero does it again!!!! The Black Mamba strikes again

Old 12-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Well, that was quite the effort for a xmas day game. Really ruined the whole holiday for me, considering is my bday as well.

The only players playing with any intensity were RonRon and Kobe. Pathetic display of basketball out there. Yeah, we were getting fisted by the refs on our own homecourt... but thats expected when your playing the NBA's golden child during a nationally televised game.

Doesn't matter... in the end, we don't repeat with that kind of effort. Really disappointed.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Hello my Laker brother!!!!! I just saw this thread, and I have not been on TS much lately due to a crazy work schedule. I was extremely dissapointed in the effort yesterday. I saw a glimmer of hope when we cut it to 6 in the 3rd quarter, but no love!!! I really don't think that game meant as much to the Lakers as it did to the Cavs. The Lakers have very little to prove at this point and the Cavs have much to prove. That is really no excuse for such a lackluster effort.

I have to admit, Artest has been an asset so far, but we'll see if he can keep his head together. Shannon Brown is really coming into his own as a solid third guard off the bench. That dude has got some HOPPIES!!!!!! Holy shit he can jump!!!! Pay is playing like the bext big man in the game, Bynum has been inconsistent, but effective most of the time. Lamar is inconsistent as always, hopefully he will be the same Lamar he was during the playoffs last year. Kobe, what can you say? I didn't think it would be possible for him to improve from last year, bur he has, in a big way. He is so focused, and so efficient, a true artist playing the game at a level to which no one else can even compare. LeBron is an amazing combo on speed, power and athleticism, but Kobe simply plays the game at a completely diifferent level.

I will go on record right now saying that barring any major injuries, the Lakers will end up 68-14 and will beat the Celtics in the finals. It is going to be a great season my Laker brothers and I look forward to sharing it with all of you

Old 12-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by BigE
Hello my Laker brother!!!!! I just saw this thread, and I have not been on TS much lately due to a crazy work schedule. I was extremely dissapointed in the effort yesterday. I saw a glimmer of hope when we cut it to 6 in the 3rd quarter, but no love!!! I really don't think that game meant as much to the Lakers as it did to the Cavs. The Lakers have very little to prove at this point and the Cavs have much to prove. That is really no excuse for such a lackluster effort.

I have to admit, Artest has been an asset so far, but we'll see if he can keep his head together. Shannon Brown is really coming into his own as a solid third guard off the bench. That dude has got some HOPPIES!!!!!! Holy shit he can jump!!!! Pay is playing like the bext big man in the game, Bynum has been inconsistent, but effective most of the time. Lamar is inconsistent as always, hopefully he will be the same Lamar he was during the playoffs last year. Kobe, what can you say? I didn't think it would be possible for him to improve from last year, bur he has, in a big way. He is so focused, and so efficient, a true artist playing the game at a level to which no one else can even compare. LeBron is an amazing combo on speed, power and athleticism, but Kobe simply plays the game at a completely diifferent level.

I will go on record right now saying that barring any major injuries, the Lakers will end up 68-14 and will beat the Celtics in the finals. It is going to be a great season my Laker brothers and I look forward to sharing it with all of you
Hey Bud! Good to see you posting I was wondering where the heck you'd been

I agree with you, in that it didn't mean as much to the Lakers as it did to the Cavs... but I still would like to see a consistent effort from these guys. Its disappointing to know what your team can play like, and have them look flat on a big game like yesterdays.

Lets see how they bounce back tonight.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The Lakers are having a little blip (it was great to be in LA BTW), but they are strong this year. Hopefully the last two games will give them a wakeup call on their D...

Old 12-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The Lakers are having a little blip (it was great to be in LA BTW), but they are strong this year. Hopefully the last two games will give them a wakeup call on their D...
Damn, had no idea you were in L.A., were you able to catch a game?

Lakers tonight, against Nash and his merry men. Hope we beat em up. Were playing without Artest again, but I think RonRon will be ready to go tomorrow against the Warriors at home.

Did anybody catch the Clippers beat the Celtics last night? Bdiddy hit a game winning shot, it was great to watch. About the only time a clippers game is enjoyable is when they beat one of our rivals... and that's pretty rare.

Go Lakers!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I have a cool story to share.

I flew into Vegas on the 26th. Went straight to the hotel (citycenter vdara), dropped my stuff off. Cruised over to Aria to check it out for the first time. As I walk in I see group of friends from L.A. and they're all walking fast toward the sports gambling area. They all said "dude, come with us, Lakers are playing, if they win, we're all gonna hit on our parlays." So we walk over there and sit down. There's like 9 TVs going with different games on. The 3rd quarter was winding down and we were behind. Well, we sit down and there are some Lakers fans and Kings fans in there. We all get to trash talking and cheering on our respective teams. The 4th quarter winds down and everyone is going wild. We go into the 1st overtime and when the Kings took a 7-point lead, all my buddies were getting up and saying "I can't watch this, I'm gonna leave." I sternly yelled "sit down guys." They're all on edge, the Kings fans are dogging us. Meanwhile, the Suns/Warriors game is going on and their fans are trash talking each other. Everyone's liquored up and we're all having a good time. Kobe misses the 3, Fish cleans up and Pau lays it in and the place went absolutely crazy. At that moment I knew we were going to win it in 2OT. 2nd overtime begins and the matchups are crazy. The Lakers start to blow it open with under 1:30 to go and we were all smiles and high-fiving each other. When they finally won, all my friends went and collected at the cage. The Kings fans were upset, but everybody was cool and the camaraderie was unlike anything I'd ever witnessed. The Israeli kid played an awesome game and he's going to be great for them. That night was one of those moments where I love being a Laker/NBA fan.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
I have a cool story to share.

I flew into Vegas on the 26th. Went straight to the hotel (citycenter vdara), dropped my stuff off. Cruised over to Aria to check it out for the first time. As I walk in I see group of friends from L.A. and they're all walking fast toward the sports gambling area. They all said "dude, come with us, Lakers are playing, if they win, we're all gonna hit on our parlays." So we walk over there and sit down. There's like 9 TVs going with different games on. The 3rd quarter was winding down and we were behind. Well, we sit down and there are some Lakers fans and Kings fans in there. We all get to trash talking and cheering on our respective teams. The 4th quarter winds down and everyone is going wild. We go into the 1st overtime and when the Kings took a 7-point lead, all my buddies were getting up and saying "I can't watch this, I'm gonna leave." I sternly yelled "sit down guys." They're all on edge, the Kings fans are dogging us. Meanwhile, the Suns/Warriors game is going on and their fans are trash talking each other. Everyone's liquored up and we're all having a good time. Kobe misses the 3, Fish cleans up and Pau lays it in and the place went absolutely crazy. At that moment I knew we were going to win it in 2OT. 2nd overtime begins and the matchups are crazy. The Lakers start to blow it open with under 1:30 to go and we were all smiles and high-fiving each other. When they finally won, all my friends went and collected at the cage. The Kings fans were upset, but everybody was cool and the camaraderie was unlike anything I'd ever witnessed. The Israeli kid played an awesome game and he's going to be great for them. That night was one of those moments where I love being a Laker/NBA fan.
Damn, that sounds like a blast. How was Aria? I do want to check it out some point.

As far as the Lakers go. Were definitely in a slump right now. I'm not seeing any heart from frontline, and that is very discouraging. Kobe is being Kobe... the man is Honey Badger. He is relentless, even with 8 fingers and a busted right elbow and knee. Yesterday was tough to watch, but it should make all the Lakers fans realize how much Artest means to our defense. Also, our bench is in dire need of a solid player.

I have no doubt we will figure it out and peak at the right time. I'd rather be in a slump now, then during the June.

GO LAKERS!

Old 01-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Kobe is playing the best ball of his career right now. Its hard to believe that during each of his 14 seasons in the NBA, he has literally gotten better every season, but he has.....

The focus on his latest buzzer beater against the Sacto Queens was unreal. He is a man on a mission and he will not stop until he has at least 7 championships.

I finally saw LeBron play in person and there is no comparison between him and Kobe. LeBron is simply the greatest pure athelete in all of sports who just so happens to play basketball. LeBron overpowers everyone. He is not particularly graceful, nor is he particularly skilled. He is a freak of nature. I wonder if LeBron's game is going to translate well once his athleticism starts to diminish. I'm sure he will evolve his game as his speed and power start to fade. Kobe has made him self and even better player than he was when he was among the leagues quickest, fastest and highest jumpers by adapting and working harder than everyone else in the NBA, especially in the offseason when it counts the most.

Only time will tell. In the mean time, lets sit back and watch the legend of Kobe grow with each buzzer beater, each amazing shot and each championship.

Quick Reply: THE Laker thread