Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

THE Laker thread

Old 12-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
THE Laker thread

Ok Laker fans, lets talk some ball.

How bout them Lakers? 9 wins in a row, best record in the league, and sitting atop the western conference, after beating the hell out of Nash and his fancy boys.

I know, I know... we have a home heavy schedule. But I can't help but think this team with the added man defense of Artest, and the always developing beast we have in the paint... is ready for multiple championships. I'm loving the way they are playing right.... except for some obvious let downs, this team is by far the best in the league.

Can't wait to beat the heck out of LeRef and his Marry men on Christmas day. I'll be there booing the hell out of him and his new sidekick Shaq, aka the Big LetDown, aka the Kool-aid man, aka the Coach Killer, aka the Team Killer.

Go Lakers!

Old 12-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent thread idea!

How about Kobe (and DFish) the other night against the Heat. Maaaaaah man!

Old 12-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
That ending of the Heat game was so sick. Lakers look good really solid this year. Amazing how much better we are with Pau back in the lineup.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Those three's were clutch!!!

I have to admit though, I was not feeling it that night... so when the Heat had taken a 104-100 lead, I had had enough and turned on my xbox to play MW2. A minute later, I get a update on my phone... 107-108 Lakers win!!!

I was so upset... never again will I doubt the Mamba

Old 12-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
That ending of the Heat game was so sick. Lakers look good really solid this year. Amazing how much better we are with Pau back in the lineup.
I agree... the passing and play making ability he brings to the high post is priceless. I truly believe he's the best PF in the game right now.

As Laker fans, I think we are really freakin lucky. We have the best player in the game, surrounded by all-stars. I mean, were potentially looking at 3 of the starting 5 in the west being Lakers this year. Thats rad

Were spoiled man, spoiled I tell you.

P.S. I think Ron Ron should definitely be considered for Defensive player of the year.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
^Never doubt the MAMBA! The only real question is: Did he call bank? lol

We are very lucky. Great ownership. Ariza should fire his agent.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Ron Artest is a classless POS. Always has been, always will be. But, he's a Laker now, so I'm beginning to come around to his antics. Gotta admit, tossing Ariza's shoe into the crowd when they played the Rockets was hilarious.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Ron Artest is a classless POS. Always has been, always will be. But, he's a Laker now, so I'm beginning to come around to his antics. Gotta admit, tossing Ariza's shoe into the crowd when they played the Rockets was hilarious.
Yeah, he's our classless POS now. At the same time, he seems to be fitting in well with this group. I think he has matured a ton from where he was 3-5 seasons ago. Also, he has tons of respect for who he's playing with, and for now. I'm not saying were outta the woods with Ron Ron yet... anything can happen and you never know when he might pull something. But I'm hoping the collective efforts of Kobe, Dfish, and Lamar in the locker room will be enough to curb his insanity and rope in another champioship this season.

Also, the biggest asset we posses in Artest is his ability to shut down players like Pierce, Bron, Melo, etc... Usually Kobe would have to expend tons of energy on those players, and it would have to be for most of the game... if not the whole game. Now, the two of them cant switch at will... and Ron can take those players for the majority of the night. Which frees up Kobe. Its real fun watching this team play defense on most nights... they are way too long.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Artest reminds me of when we got Rodman. I just hope Artest takes it more seriously than Rodman did...

I am more worried about what happens to my beloved Lakers when Kobe retires. In the meantime another 2-3 championships wouldn't hurt!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Artest reminds me of when we got Rodman. I just hope Artest takes it more seriously than Rodman did...

I am more worried about what happens to my beloved Lakers when Kobe retires. In the meantime another 2-3 championships wouldn't hurt!
Hell yes!

I think the difference is that we have Artest in his prime, and he's focused on helping a contender win a title. When we got Rodman, he was a shell of his former self, and was acting a fool... didn't seem like he really cared about winning a championship. Just wanted to play ball in L.A.

Artest is really going to help this team when playing the eastern conference power forwards. Like I mentioned earlier, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, and of course LBJ. Go look up how they all faired against RonRon.

Also, he's a tough SOB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: THE Laker thread