Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
SO...is it to late to kick you ass?

Old 02-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
SO...is it to late to kick you ass?
Join up!
You start off down by at least 400 points from everyone else, but it's not like it costs you anything!

Besides, you have a built in excuse after you get crushed!!

Old 02-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in!!!! I know nothing about Nascar, except that they need to add some rules to allow for rain tires!!! WTF was that all about cancelling yesterday's race due to rain. Looking forward to the banter through this season.

Early observation, NASCAR drivers must be pretty good, otherwise drivers from other disciplines that come over (i.e. Montoya, Speed, etc) would win every race, right?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Early observation, NASCAR drivers must be pretty good, otherwise drivers from other disciplines that come over (i.e. Montoya, Speed, etc) would win every race, right?
Montoya dominates on road courses where none of the other drivers know they can turn both left AND right. Otherwise, it's anyones game on the ovals.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Montoya dominates on road courses where none of the other drivers know they can turn both left AND right. Otherwise, it's anyones game on the ovals.
I agree that these drivers are good at their craft in the sense that if it really was "that" easy then drivers that migrate from other disciplines would just dominate the field and that hasn't happened "yet". But as far as Montoya domination you also have to remember that for the longest time their wasn't drivers like that in the series so the competition wasn't as fierce. Now that their is driver have been forced to adapt and become better. Hence why not you see Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon do well at the road courses as well. It is also worth noting that other One and Done driver like Ambros and Said enter cars for the road tracks and have done well if they aren't taken out by morons...To me the coolest part about NASCAR is that at every race the entire field does actually stand a chance. It may not be a great chance but it's not out of the question like IRL and F1...

The banters we can have going will be awesome this season though it definitely made the F1 season more exciting for me because I have no friends that are into F1 so I come here and talk to Dana, Hamad, Alzilla, Etc. and it's so much more fun...

Old 02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
BigE you should definitely join up the more people the more fun it will be...

Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
BigE you should definitely join up the more people the more fun it will be...
I'm in. Joined today. No points for this week, but its a long season.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Seriously. Change it.
Also, I'm going to be on staff at Infineon Raceway this year, so I will be working the NASCAR race at that venue. Most likely doing communications/flagging at one of the corners. Looking forward to being that close to the action.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Also, I'm going to be on staff at Infineon Raceway this year, so I will be working the NASCAR race at that venue. Most likely doing communications/flagging at one of the corners. Looking forward to being that close to the action.
That sounds like an awesome opportunity! I'll keep an eye out for you if I end up watching the race!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Whhhattt that's so awesome, I'm so jealous. You'll have to give us impressions from being that close to the action...

Quick Reply: NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread