Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 05:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Ran out of Ambien.

j/k
.. Thanks for all the tips Dana

Old 02-15-2009, 05:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Okay cool, picked my drivers - have no idea who i picked but whatever.

Joined the group.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Since I love you guys - and I am not Hoff'd - here are my top 5 drivers for the Daytona 500.

No. 18 Kyle Busch: Busch was awesome at Daytona in 2008 (fourth and first place finishes). He is my pick to win on Sunday.

No. 14 Tony Stewart: I know he crashed in practice and must start from the rear, but don't ever count him out. Stewart has won two of the last six races at Daytona and he has looked fast during Speedweeks.

No. 48 Jimmie Johnson: It is tough not to pick the 2008 Nextel Cup champion. He won the 2006 Daytona 500 and has been pretty dominant (eight top 10 finishes in 14 career starts) at Daytona during his career.

No. 99 Carl Edwards: Edwards is a solid restrictor plate driver and would love to get his first career win at Daytona. He will be a top five pick most weekends in 2009 including this one.

No. 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.: Junior has been awesome in restrictor plate races during his career and there is no race in the circuit that he wants to win more than this one.

Pick two from this list and make sure they are on your roster.

Last edited by Barrister; 02-15-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Woohoo - i had 2 of those guys on my roster already!

So do we do anything other than just select the drivers?

Old 02-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Nope. Just make sure that you have not exceeded your $100 budget and that you have saved your roster. If so, you are ready to go racin'! Boogity.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Cool.

Gonna check FChat and then off to sleep.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
In honor of Brit, here are a few more tips:

1. The key winning is to pick your drivers in tiers. Pick 2 in the top tier, 1 in the middle tier and 2 in the bottom tier.

2. Never put all of your eggs in one basket and pick 3 in the top tier and 2 in the bottom tier. It is the 1 pick in the middle that will make or break your team most weeks.

3. Always look at past performance at the track being raced that week. It is usually the best indicator of performance in the present race.

4. Never worry about qualifying. In NASCAR guys win from the back all the time.

East bound and down!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
It was probably foolish of me to pick all the OG road racing and F1 guys... I just think they're cooler though.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
It was probably foolish of me to pick all the OG road racing and F1 guys... I just think they're cooler though.
Don't tell me you picked Scott Speed????

Old 02-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Dana for moving this and making it a sticking. Its gonna be a great season this year, and the 500 is going to be one awesome race today! Goodluck to everyone, but Jr.'s gonna take it.

#88 FTW

Quick Reply: NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread