Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
The interior is a perfect evolution of the f1 inmo.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I have definitely drank the Kool-Aid, so to speak, however that does not mean I wouldn't criticize something McLaren does if I disagreed with it. I happen to love their minimalist approach. It won't suit everyone, and that's why we are lucky to have choices in life. I do think you should give it more of a chance before writing it off though.

>8^)
ER

Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Peloton25 - funny enough you said that, cause when I first saw the new Mclaren I hated it, but like the 458 it's grown on me and I actually love the car when the spolier is up, with it down, it just looks off. Even still the Interior is a just a little too simple for my taste.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
G-man1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mark ANTAR
Have you even seen the F150? If so, everyone has an opinion.
My friend has.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these parts
I love the P1, the interior is amazing

Old 02-12-2013, 11:52 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Im very sorry but this is NOT a million euro interior

Now matter how they want to spin it.. call it purpose built, or done for the weight.. all i know is all of what this interior can do ..could be done in a more attractive package than that..especially at a million.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
The interior suits perfectly with the concept of this car. Is a very fast supercar, and who designed it has the mind in the track. Nothing more, nothing less, this is all you need. And, of course, carbon, carbon, carbon... carbon everywhere!!! I now that this won't suit everybody, but there are more options, the Porsche 918 for example, that's a good alternative, beautiful inside and out, classic beauty. But the P1 is a racing-inspired machine built for the track.

Last edited by Amzamus; 02-12-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
benkyo is on a distinguished roadbenkyo is on a distinguished road
I think that rather than judge one interior at a time, we will have to see what interior is the best once we have seen all three, P1, 918 and F150.
However at the end is all about taste...and we all have our very own.
What I am excited about is how this cockpit technology will flow down to the "more" affordable offerings in the low $100K...

Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Artist
Im very sorry but this is NOT a million euro interior

Now matter how they want to spin it.. call it purpose built, or done for the weight.. all i know is all of what this interior can do ..could be done in a more attractive package than that..especially at a million.
So then what do you call this

Old 02-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
@ Mark & Peloton25, Naturally you will find the interior beautiful since you Mclaren fans. Just from my prespective I find it lack of imagination specially considering how the exterior.

Compared to the Aventador and 458, if a bit too simple and the headsup disply is so outdated, looks like something from the 80's, now compared that to say the Aventador or LF-A, hell even the Stingray. It just too boring.
Well the Aventador feels cheap inside and the plastics are not a decent enough grade and I have never meet anyone that likes the 458's steering wheel.

The P1 is not about bling and flash it’s about purpose and dash, sorry for the rhyme. It’s a focused street fighter; anything that is not needed to make it go quick should be excluded

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar