Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:25 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool!

Name:  70514-a-mclar.jpg
Views: 2823
Size:  174.6 KB

THE McLAREN P1™: THE INSIDE VIEW

• ‘Shrink wrapped’ design theme extends to the minimalist cabin
  • Extensiveuse of carbon fibre throughout the cabin maximises weight-saving
  • The cockpit ‘of a fighter jet’
The McLaren P1™ has a clear goal: to be the best driver’s car in the world on road and track. In order to achieve this, performance and handling are key, but to extract the best from the aerodynamic bodyshape and the groundbreaking technology beneath the carbon fibre exterior, the driver has to feel comfortable and in control. For this reason, the cabin of the McLaren P1™ is fully focused on the driver, and is clear from clutter and distraction as these first images show.

The interior of the McLaren P1™ offers the driver and passenger a cocooning, efficiently packaged, comfortable cabin. The interior feels like the cockpit of a fighter jet, complete with glass canopy overhead and, with a windscreen deeper than it is wide, visibility is optimised. This makes the car all the easier to plant on road and track.

Light weight – as with the rest of the car – is a priority, and switchgear is kept to a minimum, yet the McLaren P1™ retains luxury features such as full climate control, satellite navigation and a bespoke sound system, developed from the outset with Meridian.

McLaren is a pioneer in the use of carbon fibre, and it features extensively throughout the McLaren P1™, not least in the MonoCage chassis and the aerodynamically-shaped body panels, but also inside the two-seat cabin. It is the lightest possible material, while offering the strength desirable for safety and structural integrity, and is used for the dashboard, floor, headlining, doors, rockers and a single piece is shaped for the central control unit to further optimise weight. Attention to detail within the interior of the McLaren P1™ is such that, to further reduce weight, the top layer of resin has been removed, to leave the carbon non-lacquered for a more natural look…and saves a further 1.5kg.

The amount of trim covering within the cabin has been minimised, leaving as many parts as exposed as possible, and there is no interior sound deadening in order to optimise weight saving even further. Carpet is offered, as an option, but when chosen, it is fitted with a special lightweight backing.

The racing bucket seats use the minimum amount of foam, are encased in ultra-thin carbon fibre shells, and mounted on lightweight brackets and runners, contributing to an overall weight of just 10.5kg each. The seat backs are fixed to 28 degrees from the vertical, but can be set to 32 degrees to make them more suitable for racing as it will give more helmet head room. The height of the seat will be custom set to suit the driver and passenger, and can be subsequently adjusted in the workshop. Fixings for a six-point race harnesses are in place, in addition to inertia reel seat belts.

The steering wheel diameter is as technically precise as a McLaren racing driver’s wheel. This is because past McLaren world champions’ grips were modelled on a CAD system and scanned to produce an exact replica. The rim is finished in Alcantara, with carbon fibre inserts.

Further details of the McLaren P1™ will be released in the coming weeks, before the production-ready car makes its world debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month.

Source [McLaren]

Name:  70514-b-mclar.jpg
Views: 2554
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  70514-c-mclar.jpg
Views: 2526
Size:  126.3 KB

Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
AeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished road
Awesome indeed. The only change I'd make is move the Chassis and Powertrain control knobs (if that is indeed what they are, similar to the 12C's configuration) to the steering wheel spokes, for on-the-fly control adjustments to suit changes in road conditions. I'm sure MSO could sort something out.

ADW

Last edited by AeolusDawnWalker; 02-12-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
AeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished road

Interestingly, the Odometer reads 858Km, 858.2Km by the Trip meter to be precise. Wonder where she's been running around..

ADW

Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure how I feel about the dash.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
I'm very disapointed with teh Interior. Looks so simply and boring as if the designers had no idea where to go with it. Hell I can not belive i'm saying this but even the Stingray has a better Interior. For a supercar that looks outragous on the exterior, the Interior is a big let down.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe I am going to say this but I love people who make up their mind after seeing three photos.

The interior is perfect for the feel and goals of this car. The simplicity and focus that is in everything McLaren do is demonstrated in the design of the P1 - inside and out.

>8^)
ER

Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Peloton25
I can't believe I am going to say this but I love people who make up their mind after seeing three photos.

The interior is perfect for the feel and goals of this car. The simplicity and focus that is in everything McLaren do is demonstrated in the design of the P1 - inside and out.

>8^)
ER
+1
That looks perfect to me. So simple, elegant, timeless, and uncluttered. Just how it should be!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
G-man1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ugliest interior i've ever seen. just like the exterior: it looks like a frog... The new Enzo will own this crap in all the aspects.
new enzo>918>p1

Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by G-man1
Ugliest interior i've ever seen. just like the exterior: it looks like a frog... The new Enzo will own this crap in all the aspects.
new enzo>918>p1
Have you even seen the F150? If so, everyone has an opinion.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
@ Mark & Peloton25, Naturally you will find the interior beautiful since you Mclaren fans. Just from my prespective I find it lack of imagination specially considering how the exterior.

Compared to the Aventador and 458, if a bit too simple and the headsup disply is so outdated, looks like something from the 80's, now compared that to say the Aventador or LF-A, hell even the Stingray. It just too boring.

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar