Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

Opinions on the Mastercraft X35

Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
How about an MB?

Old 01-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Jon, I have nothing to add to this thread but my begging to get a pull behind whatever you do pick up.

Cheers.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
my latest was the X45, which is the largest w/o the toilet, and sold it a couple months ago. i would go with the new X25 or the X45. i found the xstar to be a waste of space with the large sunpad. just a guess, but id imagine the X35 would be the boat one would least likely be able to get a deep discount on because of the newer design. also, the 11's have the carbon interior, which is very nice, but might costs as much as an additional 8-12k... either way, you cannot go wrong with the mastercraft.

on a very serious note, make SURE the boat has the new headers that all the 2011 boats have and most of the 10's have the new headers, but some don't. one last thing, make sure you get the mastercraft trailer and nothing else!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
I'll be the first to say that the front of the boat is ugly, but it does offer considerably more room over the Super Air Nautique 230.

Thanks in advance for opinions, the JC
i must say that once you go for this front, you'll never want a 19ft style boat again! also, if you haven't been for a test ride or drive, do it. the ride on the X45 will literally blow you away. in short, this translates to going out pretty much anytime you wish, not just on glassy days like back in the 90's...

you can save a few grand by only getting the two tower speakers and not opting for the tower cam. (a gopro is better and a tall person will knock their head)

Old 01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
The only picture I could find of our X-35; on the lift. Sure, it was taken with an iPhone, and the cover is half-off, but you get the idea. Looks great on the water. We'll have to take some pics this spring.

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 01-17-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I don't ski much course. I have but never to the extent of getting real short on the rope. I ski 22ft off behind my boat but I only free ski. I live on the salt water and we have large tides. Keeping a course up and managed is not worth the efforts.
PS everyone has a weakside. I'm much more comfortable cutting left but go almost as deep either side.
Ahhh that makes sense then... I didn't know that it was easier to cut one way for people skiing too, just thought it was me not being able to ski lol.

Originally Posted by PatrickHenry
my latest was the X45, which is the largest w/o the toilet, and sold it a couple months ago. i would go with the new X25 or the X45. i found the xstar to be a waste of space with the large sunpad. just a guess, but id imagine the X35 would be the boat one would least likely be able to get a deep discount on because of the newer design. also, the 11's have the carbon interior, which is very nice, but might costs as much as an additional 8-12k... either way, you cannot go wrong with the mastercraft.

on a very serious note, make SURE the boat has the new headers that all the 2011 boats have and most of the 10's have the new headers, but some don't. one last thing, make sure you get the mastercraft trailer and nothing else!
Good points. Once you go Master Craft though, you'll never go back. Comparing a Master Craft wakeboard boat to any other wakeboard boats (excpet Air Nautiques) is like comparing a GT3 RS to a Taurus SHO.

Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
The only picture I could find of our X-35; on the lift. Sure, it was taken with an iPhone, and the cover is half-off, but you get the idea. Looks great on the water. We'll have to take some pics this spring.

WOW! Nice boat Russ!! Is that a Rusty Malinoski wrap on it? I see you have the 4 tower speakers too, do you have the JL Audio System? That is a very sweet boat good sir!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Russ that looks awesome!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
I need that boat Russ... Let me know when your going to sell it