Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

Opinions on the Mastercraft X35

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
Back in my skiing days I had a Master Craft and my Brother in-law had a Ski Natique. Of course I was impartial to mine however both of them are amazing. In my opinion the only two boats that should be considered. At the time my Master Craft had a smaller wake going through the slalom course than the Natique. However when you have a boat load full of bikinis....hhmmm which boat has the most space?

Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
My uncle used to sell Natiques, so growing up thats all we rode in. This last summer got a chance to get behind a Malibu wakesetter, and loved it. I thought the boat over all was better than the Natiques.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
The X-35 looks awesome, I've never ridden in or behind one. We've had about 3 Tige's and purchased our first Master Craft in 2009. We got a loaded X-Star for a great deal from our dealer and have been super happy with it. It throws a massive wake and you can fit 14 people comfortably.

My buddy has a Super Air 210 and the fit and finish of that boat is phenominal, but the wake is a little too steep and not a smooth transition.

This was this summer behind the X-Star and a couple shots on the 210.

Final 2010 wakeboard edit - Geoff Isringhausen on Vimeo

Old 01-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
We LOVE our X-35! Our previous three boats were X-STARS, but we wanted a little more room, a better ride across the middle of our lake which tends to get a little choppy, and the FRIDGE!

A good friend of ours, Shaun Murray, is a Nautique guy, and we've ridden in his 230 a number of times, and toured the Nautique factory with him. They're nice, but personally I think the MasterCrafts are nicer. We tend to change boats a lot, but we may keep this one a while. We typically load the fridge, and load the boat with 8-12 people to head out for a full day of riding. Best boat we've had so far, by a long ways.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, engine thoughts, etc.

Plus, we're only in it for the Wakeboarding. While we're novices, we have a large number of friends on the pro tour that we pull regularly, plus the driver for the pro tour is one of my closest friends. All of them agree that the wake shape on the X-35 is incredible, and you can tune it to whatever you want it to be.

I'm sure one of my kids has a picture of the boat on the computer somewhere. I'll have them post it this afternoon.
That's crazy you're good friends with Shaun Murray! Only the most famous wakeboarder of all time lol! How do you know him!?

Old 01-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
imo the x35 is the most beautiful wakeboard boat, my jaw drops everytime i see one on the water, definetly go for it!

Old 01-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
That's crazy you're good friends with Shaun Murray! Only the most famous wakeboarder of all time lol! How do you know him!?
Hey Geoff. Shaun and Travis Moye have a wakeboarding camp in Orlando that I took the kids to a few years ago in the summer. Shaun's wife, Kerri, was pregnant with their first child and almost due. The kids and I were the only ones at camp that week, and he wanted to stay close to home, so the last few days instead of going to the camp, we just spent the day at Shaun's house every day with Shaun and Kerri, and rode from there. We left on Saturday, and Hayden was born on Sunday. We go back to the camp every year.

Anyway, the short version is we all became very close, and have continued that friendship. Travis and I have become even closer friends over the past few years. Shaun has come to our lake house in Arkansas in the summer, and Shaun and Travis and Keith Lyman have come to Arkansas to duck hunt with us in the winter. We see them a few times a year, and because of that friendship have become close to a number of pro wakeboarders. We aren't great wakeboarders ourselves, but some of our closest friends and favorite people are the ones we have met in the wakeboarding community.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Hey Geoff. Shaun and Travis Moye have a wakeboarding camp in Orlando that I took the kids to a few years ago in the summer. Shaun's wife, Kerri, was pregnant with their first child and almost due. The kids and I were the only ones at camp that week, and he wanted to stay close to home, so the last few days instead of going to the camp, we just spent the day at Shaun's house every day with Shaun and Kerri, and rode from there. We left on Saturday, and Hayden was born on Sunday. We go back to the camp every year.

Anyway, the short version is we all became very close, and have continued that friendship. Travis and I have become even closer friends over the past few years. Shaun has come to our lake house in Arkansas in the summer, and Shaun and Travis and Keith Lyman have come to Arkansas to duck hunt with us in the winter. We see them a few times a year, and because of that friendship have become close to a number of pro wakeboarders. We aren't great wakeboarders ourselves, but some of our closest friends and favorite people are the ones we have met in the wakeboarding community.
It is experiences like this that I want to be able to provide to my own someday. That is incredible.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
The X-35 looks awesome, I've never ridden in or behind one. We've had about 3 Tige's and purchased our first Master Craft in 2009. We got a loaded X-Star for a great deal from our dealer and have been super happy with it. It throws a massive wake and you can fit 14 people comfortably.

My buddy has a Super Air 210 and the fit and finish of that boat is phenominal, but the wake is a little too steep and not a smooth transition.

This was this summer behind the X-Star and a couple shots on the 210.

Final 2010 wakeboard edit - Geoff Isringhausen on Vimeo
Curious if the 23ft Nautiques have a different wake. I'm not really a wakeboarder so wouldn't notice but interesting about the steepness of the wake. I always thought the 210's were more of a Crossover type boat. Ski/Wakeboard so I'm wondering if that would explain the wake difference.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by h20skier
Curious if the 23ft Nautiques have a different wake. I'm not really a wakeboarder so wouldn't notice but interesting about the steepness of the wake. I always thought the 210's were more of a Crossover type boat. Ski/Wakeboard so I'm wondering if that would explain the wake difference.
I've ridden on what was wither a 220 or a 230 once before and the wake wasn't as good as the one on my friends 210, but that could have been from less ballast.

Can you do the slalom course bouys? I've never been able to cut well both ways skiing, so I could never do the course, just one buoy at at time haha

Old 01-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I've ridden on what was wither a 220 or a 230 once before and the wake wasn't as good as the one on my friends 210, but that could have been from less ballast.

Can you do the slalom course bouys? I've never been able to cut well both ways skiing, so I could never do the course, just one buoy at at time haha
I don't ski much course. I have but never to the extent of getting real short on the rope. I ski 22ft off behind my boat but I only free ski. I live on the salt water and we have large tides. Keeping a course up and managed is not worth the efforts.
PS everyone has a weakside. I'm much more comfortable cutting left but go almost as deep either side.

Quick Reply: Opinions on the Mastercraft X35