Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

Opinions on the Mastercraft X35

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Opinions on the Mastercraft X35

I know there are a number of wake and ski guys on here, so I'd love to hear your opinions on the MC X35. My father and I have been looking for a new wakeboard boat and this one seems to check all the boxes for us.

Personally, I'm more a fan of the Super Air Nautique 210, but the MC offers more as a cruiser for a sometimes choppy lake like Lake Travis (plus a 24ft boat is around the same size as our old boat). We found a great deal on a 2010 with only three hours on it.

The choice has come down to this boat or the Super Air Nautique 230. The MC offers a 'deeper v' hull design, which would be is for me the only real benefit over the SA 230.

X-35 <--Official website info

This is the scheme of the boat we found, but we would remove all of the graphics.

I'll be the first to say that the front of the boat is ugly, but it does offer considerably more room over the Super Air Nautique 230.

Thanks in advance for opinions, the JC

Last edited by "The JC"; 01-13-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
We LOVE our X-35! Our previous three boats were X-STARS, but we wanted a little more room, a better ride across the middle of our lake which tends to get a little choppy, and the FRIDGE!

A good friend of ours, Shaun Murray, is a Nautique guy, and we've ridden in his 230 a number of times, and toured the Nautique factory with him. They're nice, but personally I think the MasterCrafts are nicer. We tend to change boats a lot, but we may keep this one a while. We typically load the fridge, and load the boat with 8-12 people to head out for a full day of riding. Best boat we've had so far, by a long ways.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, engine thoughts, etc.

Plus, we're only in it for the Wakeboarding. While we're novices, we have a large number of friends on the pro tour that we pull regularly, plus the driver for the pro tour is one of my closest friends. All of them agree that the wake shape on the X-35 is incredible, and you can tune it to whatever you want it to be.

I'm sure one of my kids has a picture of the boat on the computer somewhere. I'll have them post it this afternoon.

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 01-13-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Russ, your review really means a lot based on the experience you have with wakeboats. We're coming from a MC Maristar 240 that my Dad bought new in 1992. Our boat (though it may take a while) always cranks up for me despite the fact that it has sat months on the dock in times of severe drought. It safe to say that we are confident with the reliability of MC products.

My Dad's going to demo the boat this weekend, but unfortunately I have to go back to work. This boat has the 5.7L engine with the salt water package, despite the fact that this boat will never see the salt water. I've been getting into wake surfing and from what I've read the X35 is more than competent.

I'll let you know if I have any questions.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:39 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
The front end definitely grows on you and offers a great place to watch the back of the boat when someone's riding. We have a Malibu VLX and love the boat, but Russ's X-35 is much bigger and definitely more plush for lake cruising. The fridge is a must, and the heating system is great for the ride to the dock on cooler nights. I've got to look around for some pictures, but you should check out the Loco wrap if you're not afraid to draw some attention to yourself. It looks great on a dark color boat.

Russ's boat is Black with gray inside and looks stunning, but blue is also a great choice. Hopefully you can find a great boat before the summer season and can enjoy it with the family.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Well I'm a skier and love my Nautique. I can't discuss WakeBoard behemoths but I will say you should be able to get an insane deal on Mastercraft right now. I heard their factory failed to slow down before the slowdown and there was something like 2 years worth of inventory sitting waiting for homes. This should be reflected in their pricing.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^The '10 X35 we found is around the price of a new Super Air 210.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I grew up going to a friends cabin in Wisconsin almost every other weekend. Often times on short notice.

The main boat we would used was a Nautique. It was an older model, but to this day, I have not been on a nicer kept boat. Which is probably why when I dream, I lean towards Nautique.

It may have been the owners care, but it was always fresh.

What I like now.

Small sidenote:
My friends Grandfather collected a lot. He was running out of warehouse space. So he bought a school that had been built and not used and he turned it into a shop to resto and store everything. I couldn't tell you how much awesome stuff was there. Cars, boats.

Last edited by O2Supply; 01-13-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:33 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
pictures need to be bigger. ffs.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Just to clarify, I think Nautiques are awesome, and it really comes down to the dealer, and the deal you can find and specific boat you want. Same for Malibu.

Just sayin' the X-35 has been our favorite ever.

And MasterCraft definitely is definitely willing to deal at this point, as are most high-end wakeboat dealers / manufacturers!

Old 01-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Just to clarify, I think Nautiques are awesome, and it really comes down to the dealer, and the deal you can find and specific boat you want. Same for Malibu.

Just sayin' the X-35 has been our favorite ever.

And MasterCraft definitely is definitely willing to deal at this point, as are most high-end wakeboat dealers / manufacturers!
I had a new Nautique 200 ordered at the beginning of 2010 and while they gave me a discount of like 10% off their insane numbers I believe the same Mastercraft could be had for 30% off. There overstock needs to be moved. The Nautique's aren't flooding the market. Where our Nautique dealer moves every new boat they are allowed the Mastercraft dealer has 20-30 plus boats to choose. I'm glad I cancelled the new boat this year because we just spend more time on baseball fields then in the boat right now and my 206 is still just perfect for my 3-5 night a week ski habit. 5 years old now and just so smooth it's insane.

Quick Reply: Opinions on the Mastercraft X35