Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Share your thoughts on Mastercraft

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
verone24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Share your thoughts on Mastercraft

Guys,

Please share your thoughts on Mastercraft boats.......reliability, resale, yadda yadda.

Verone

Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Mastercraft makes a nice boat. I think both Fred and Russ have one, they can probably give you more info. Are you looking for a wakeboard boat? Any model specifically?

Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
I like em'. They're built here in Knoxville. My dad is friends with the owner.

MexicoBleeeeew has one.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Love ours. We have an X-Star, and it is packed with 11-12 people, from dawn to dusk, every weekend in the summer. Extremely well made, tons of power, simply the best wakeboard boat out there IMO, but you pay a premium. And for resale, it's a bit like driving a Mercedes AMG off the lot. Ouch . . .

Although the resale issue is really true of all boats, and I don't know that it's any more so for Mastercraft. We're on our second X-Star. The only thing I would consider trading it for is an X-45, simply because it will carry 18 instead of 12, and we always have more kids who want to go than we can carry.

Highly recommended.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Got any pics Russ?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TBOS2K is an unknown quantity at this point
Mastercrafts are a great boat. They are withought a doubt one of the top 3 most respected boat manufacturers when it comes to ski/wakeboard boats. I would suggest going and testing every boat you've been looking at. I went out and drove Mastercraft, Nautique, Supra, Moomba, Toytota(now discontinued) and Malibu. I was always a big fan of malibu's and ended up with one in the end. Best of Luck on the process!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TBOS2K
Mastercrafts are a great boat. They are withought a doubt one of the top 3 most respected boat manufacturers when it comes to ski/wakeboard boats. I would suggest going and testing every boat you've been looking at. I went out and drove Mastercraft, Nautique, Supra, Moomba, Toytota(now discontinued) and Malibu. I was always a big fan of malibu's and ended up with one in the end. Best of Luck on the process!
My cousin owns a dealership that sells both Malibu's and MC's. Both are top notch right up there with Nautique/Correct Craft.

Its all preference, so get out there and test drive each. make sure you have at least a few other passengers as that will simulate what your using the boat for.

the one thing a lot of people overlook in the boat market is check online to see what kind of reviews each of the marina's have with regards to service. It's not like the auto industry where you have 6 dealerships within a 60 mile radius. Check these things out, it could make you switch brands for it.

also check out slightly used/demo boats. As boats in general have depreciation in-line with big AMG's

Cheers, and let us know what you find along the way. I may/Im sure someone else here will be able to help you out with any other questions you have.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jedidiah You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Its definitely top 3 no question.

I think the biggest factor in purchasing a boat is the service department. It could be a world class boat, but if its a terrible service dept then you are SOL.

Malibu in Dallas in by far the best out of all the dealerships here, and as such we are in the process of ordering our third Malibu Wakesetter. Their service is bar none.

I have driven and ridden behind all the big boat names (v-drive wakeboarding boats) including almost all the boats within each big name, and I still enjoy riding behind a Wakesetter more then them all. Might be some bias there, but this is coming from someone who practically lives on the water starting in April and is heavily involved in the boating community.

That being said, if the local Mastercraft dealership has some good references for their service dept, I think you will end up being very pleased with a Mastercraft. Good luck!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jedidiah
I think the biggest factor in purchasing a boat is the service department. It could be a world class boat, but if its a terrible service dept then you are SOL.

!

Quoted for effect (again)