Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it works though.

Today I just did an hour on the spin bike while watching a documentary on steroid use. Called "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" entertaining, I was happy to see the kid doing the doc is a legit powerlifter and westside barbell was featured.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone here do Bikram yoga? Just heard of this the other day. Sounds like too much for me.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
@slord: Bikram is a mother bro; my ex used to do it, and she would get smoked every time. It worked really well for her though, as far as being flexible and ripped up goes...

@GLN: Google Lean Pro Matrix; that is the protein I take. It has like 1 or 2g of carbs per shake, and 30+g of protein, on top of being the best tasting shakes I have ever taken. I used to take IsoPure Pro, but it tasted like chalk.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal

And just so everyone knows, we DON'T talk about steroids on Teamspeed, period. If you want to do that, log onto a body building forum, or do so via PM. Thanks.
A few of my buddies have done cycles with steroids and received remarkable, healthy results - if you're educated about them and know what you're doing, they're really not as bad as the public perception makes them out to be. The documentary Bigger Stronger Faster explores steroid use quite well.

And technically speaking, they're a part of some peoples' diet and workout regime, so I fail to see why we "DON'T talk about steroids on Teamspeed, period," (it's nowhere in the rules ) and why they couldn't be included in this thread.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Just thought I'd say HI and join in on the discussion!

I used to love weight training - got a little too many non-weight-training-related injuries to want to do it (def doesn't feel the same as it did before), but when I did it at the beginning of college, it pretty much ruled my life. Has anyone else done West Side 4 Skinny Bastards? Such an awesome routine! By the time I stopped doing weights, I was at 200 (5'8", so I looked portly I think), my numbers were:

Bench: 235
Squat: 365
Deadlift: 400

Staring at that bench number makes me sad. My upper body has never been crazy. But anyways, I realized I was getting too heavy and I hated how much I had to eat to maintain myself at that, so I decided to cut. I'm now a happy 155-ish, going down to 150 before I decide what my next fitness goal will be. Did this with cycling, swimming, and eating...fairly well (I can't, for the life of me, give up In N out...ever).

Do we have any cyclists or swimmers on the forum? I'm a swimmer before anything else (including weight lifting or cycling) it seems, and I love doing it the most. Getting in shape has definitely been a challenge though. Lots of weight needed to be cut, but I'm getting there! My swim workouts usually go:

400m Free (warm up, ~1:50-2:00 pace)
200m Kick X2
200m Training Paddle X2
1000m Free (~1:30-1:40 pace) X2

I'll warm down with more kickboard and training paddles, possibly a 400m Back if I'm feeling for it / if I have enough time.

For cycling I usually keep it 30-40 miles, 2-3x a week...usually a flat spin ride, 20-22 on the flats, 15 on the climbs, 30+ in the sprints...I'm not the strongest cyclist though, and my endurance/pacing could definitely use some work, but I'm getting there. Also, I suck at climbing (going from track cycling to road cycling, having gears confuses the hell out of me).

So where are all the swimmers, and what do you swim? And cyclists, what do you ride?

Old 04-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gator
A few of my buddies have done cycles with steroids and received remarkable, healthy results - if you're educated about them and know what you're doing, they're really not as bad as the public perception makes them out to be. The documentary Bigger Stronger Faster explores steroid use quite well.

And technically speaking, they're a part of some peoples' diet and workout regime, so I fail to see why we "DON'T talk about steroids on Teamspeed, period," (it's nowhere in the rules ) and why they couldn't be included in this thread.
We don't talk about them because they are ILLEGAL, regardless of their "healthy results." If you don't like that, feel free to post on another forum... Kthxbai.

Last edited by SoCal; 04-24-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing says good morning like some deadlifts!

Old 04-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned
Agreed. I did those yesterday morning, and then I was "challenged" to a jumping competition. Needless to say, they weren't happy with the outcome.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! Bunch a stuff. Never done westside for skinny bastards, but I am a skinny bastard at 155-165lbs. Westside's methods have influenced my powerlifting training in a major way. At my strongest my numbers were just under yours at 160 lbs BW. Would have loved to lift more but it would have required some weight gain with my build (5'11" and lean).

I've been out of heavy lifting for a few years due to injuries and trying other training methods, but I've recently started doing Wendler's 5/3/1 method with my own mods.

I'm also a cyclist, but not a roadie. I do own a road bike, if you consider a single speed with MTB bars a road bike. Its mostly for improving fitness for mountain biking which is my favorite hobby/sport. I'm currently building a 6.5" travel freeride/all mountain bike for the summer.

Originally Posted by vltsai
Just thought I'd say HI and join in on the discussion!

I used to love weight training - got a little too many non-weight-training-related injuries to want to do it (def doesn't feel the same as it did before), but when I did it at the beginning of college, it pretty much ruled my life. Has anyone else done West Side 4 Skinny Bastards? Such an awesome routine! By the time I stopped doing weights, I was at 200 (5'8", so I looked portly I think), my numbers were:

Bench: 235
Squat: 365
Deadlift: 400

Staring at that bench number makes me sad. My upper body has never been crazy. But anyways, I realized I was getting too heavy and I hated how much I had to eat to maintain myself at that, so I decided to cut. I'm now a happy 155-ish, going down to 150 before I decide what my next fitness goal will be. Did this with cycling, swimming, and eating...fairly well (I can't, for the life of me, give up In N out...ever).

Do we have any cyclists or swimmers on the forum? I'm a swimmer before anything else (including weight lifting or cycling) it seems, and I love doing it the most. Getting in shape has definitely been a challenge though. Lots of weight needed to be cut, but I'm getting there! My swim workouts usually go:

400m Free (warm up, ~1:50-2:00 pace)
200m Kick X2
200m Training Paddle X2
1000m Free (~1:30-1:40 pace) X2

I'll warm down with more kickboard and training paddles, possibly a 400m Back if I'm feeling for it / if I have enough time.

For cycling I usually keep it 30-40 miles, 2-3x a week...usually a flat spin ride, 20-22 on the flats, 15 on the climbs, 30+ in the sprints...I'm not the strongest cyclist though, and my endurance/pacing could definitely use some work, but I'm getting there. Also, I suck at climbing (going from track cycling to road cycling, having gears confuses the hell out of me).

So where are all the swimmers, and what do you swim? And cyclists, what do you ride?

Old 04-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond reputeGator has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
We don't talk about them because they are ILLEGAL, regardless of their "healthy results." If you don't like that, feel free to post on another forum... Kthxbai.
So we're pretending the marijuana thread a few months back never happened? Got it!

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread