Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt that either one is all that accurate, but it will give you a general baseline for your activities so you can quantify doing more or less. Nothing wrong with that, and the idea of a power meter for daily activity is kinda cool IMO.

I'm off to swim, weights later in the day with a friend who I thought wasn't athletic at all but turns out in the not so distance past was a QB (3rd string) for UNR.

Last edited by big_slacker; 06-16-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by MC321
If you use the fitbit online site and plug in your consumed calories, you get a net calorie surplus/deficit per day. That is the only thing that makes it different from the fuelband I think. It's all just fun and games at the end of the day
Yea, you can do the same thing with the Fuelband.

It is all just fun and games w/o a heart rate monitor anyway.
Originally Posted by big_slacker
I doubt that either one is all that accurate, but it will give you a general baseline for your activities so you can quantify doing more or less. Nothing wrong with that, and the idea of a power meter for daily activity is kinda cool IMO.
+1

Old 06-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
too many ups and downs to go in detail, but in a nutshell food wise it's been really hard sticking to healthy stuff so i alternate with calorie counting some days. all in all had a good last 4 day at the gym for weights/stairmaster and out of the gym eating better. today got 80.6kg after cycling 13.5km w/o any weights.. which is huge considering i woke up under 82kg so this could be the week of achieving what i want in terms of weight/scale: breaking the 80kg for the first time in 2-3yrs

happy to have worn this tee going out with baby AJ and my wife who got it for me 3 months ago as part of a bday gift, first time i wear it.. when i picked her up she was real happy to see me finally rocking it and the first words out of my mouth were "fvck channing tatum"

Attached Images   
Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good buddy! I love success stories

Old 06-17-2012, 04:51 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
wohooo congrats man!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Great stuff Boursachi!

Taking a week off to chill out and recover, try to do this once a year. Trying to keep up with strebo is wearing me out.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Great stuff Boursachi!

Taking a week off to chill out and recover, try to do this once a year. Trying to keep up with strebo is wearing me out.
used to do this as well,..but for the last 2`ve been having a lil gremlin in my head who kept me pushing it always a lil bit more,..no rest,sucker

but i really need vacation,..honestly it`s about time now

sun,beach,food and cars/girls

Old 06-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ECB
used to do this as well,..but for the last 2`ve been having a lil gremlin in my head who kept me pushing it always a lil bit more,..no rest,sucker

but i really need vacation,..honestly it`s about time now

sun,beach,food and cars/girls
As much as it SUCKS to slow down, I find that my body really appreciates 1-2wks off a year.

Vacation is always good. I say that, but I also know if I were on vacation I'd be freaking out about not being in the gym

Old 06-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
thanks guys, just got under 81 again (exactly 80.6 actually) which is pretty cool since consistency will always yield results IF AND ONLY IF i manage to keep control .. have been gathering with friends for the Euro 2012 since it started and i am proud to report that not ONCE have i binged on what they order (pizza, steak sandwiches, etc) BUT i have been munching on almonds and pistachios and stuff like that and some of them are bbq flavour or salted or w/ cheese so the cals rack up pretty quick and the water retention is gonna suck for 4-5 days from my experience

anyhoo, will keep my eye on the prize and at least stick to my main meals and introduce the carb-based meals 2 days apart - hopefully

as for resting
Chase tbh mate 1 week in 52 is TOO LITTLE.. personally i have had phases where i would NOT rest for 40 days straight KNOWING that i am overtraining, basically worsening the situation of wanting to put on mass or even for metabolism; but back then i loved the gym and the social aspect

now, in my ~15 weeks since getting back on track, i can DEFINITELY REPORT that every day or two i take off are giving me so much in return in terms of recovery (def feel the strength when i go back), FAT loss (if diet is right), and obviously growth (size wise)

i do not like to stick to splits of 3 days on 1 off or 4 on blah blah because tbh that never made sense to me because this is not a profession and real life (Family, work, friends, cars) get in the way.. but if i do 6 days in a row where i repeat what i did from the 4th day onwards what i did from the 1st to 3rd.. then i take a day off or go just do some minimal cardio (like i did yesterday)

really encourage that
i am sure we all know this but being reminded constantly is the only way we do it:
rest = growth
rest = food going for recovery

edit: ps i took a week off i think 8 days ago (prolly mentioned it here) and tbh i plateued for 3-4 days before that
i got sick (flu/dizzy/runny nose) but i also managed to eat out probably 3 times in a week which is way too much.. and i remember getting up to 84.5kg and now i am tighter and smaller round the waist but firmer and larger in the muscles..
of course i WISH i could rest 2-4 days and eat clean and will aspire to achieve that .. but if i can treat/cheat on days off and get better results when i'm back in the zone, i can only imagine what clean healthy food will do

Last edited by boursachi; 06-18-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:44 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Squat day today, 5th set was 260x10 reps... Getting back up there

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread