Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 02:13 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MC321
Just a spoon.. need to check what kind it is since its way in the back of the cupboard.. I'm pretty happy with ON Hydrowhey.. I like Syntha-6.. but my all time favorite tasting protein is Muscle Milk.. that stuff is insane, although on paper may not be the best..
Spoon may be your problem. Might be too thick for a spoon.

Originally Posted by big_slacker
Big ups for getting bloodwork done. This is something a lot of gym guys never do and is a much better indicator of how you're doing health wise that bodyfat, bench press or running times.
Thank you sir. Hopefully I post here with good results.

Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
Anyone taking CLA? I started last month and now I'm breaking out (zits) like crazy. Sucks to have to stop because it was working great.
I take CLA daily, and have for the past two years.

Never had any acne side effects.

How long have you been working out? Could it just be bc it's Summer/you're working out, and overall sweating more? The more spin I do, the more I break out [which isn't that much either way].

Old 07-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLN
Spoon may be your problem. Might be too thick for a spoon.

Thank you sir. Hopefully I post here with good results.

I take CLA daily, and have for the past two years.

Never had any acne side effects.

How long have you been working out? Could it just be bc it's Summer/you're working out, and overall sweating more? The more spin I do, the more I break out [which isn't that much either way].
Been working consistently for the past 2 years (i.e., 4 days a week gym and 2 days a week of hockey). It's definitely the CLA...its the only change to my routine. I googled it and it apprears to be a known side effect that only affects some people. I feel like I'm back in high school with these zits.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Pool today:

4x50m skill drills/warmup
1x250m (50 more than last time)
2x100m

Old 07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
Been working consistently for the past 2 years (i.e., 4 days a week gym and 2 days a week of hockey). It's definitely the CLA...its the only change to my routine. I googled it and it apprears to be a known side effect that only affects some people. I feel like I'm back in high school with these zits.
Ah that sucks; sorry to hear that it has that effect on you.

Gonna attempt to take back-to-back spin classes... 2 hours... may be a horrible idea.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:27 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
500 kettle bell swings every day for 10 days, brutal

Old 07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Biked 30 minutes at 15.5 mph pace. It's wednesday and I've done my swim/bike/run. Gym stuff the rest of the week I guess.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Just found this section. Nice.

Chest/Tris/Abs yesterday.

Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-10. Rest/Pause after set 4.
Dumbbell Incline Press: 3 sets of 6-8. Rest/Pause after set 3.
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10-12
Cable Crossover: 3 sets of 10-12

Triceps Pressdown: 3 sets of 8-12
Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 6-8
Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension: 3 sets of 6-8

Hanging Leg Raise: 3 sets to failure
Bicycle Crunch: 3 sets to failure
Plank: 3 sets of 1 minute holds

Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
Blood work and lab tests were completed yesterday and the results got back to me today.

Everything was great that was looked into, Hormone levels, testosterone B, B12, D, CBCs, etc etc.

Only one thing my doctor said could be lowered a bit was my cholesterol, which is interesting considering I keep such a healthy diet. Could a lot of seafood lead towards high cholesterol? I eat seafood at least 6 days a week I'd say. My cholesterol was 180, which he said anything below 200 is good, but last year it was 168...

Other than that, I have been panicking all day today because one of my nuts is hurting like crazy. Ultra sore. I didn't lift yesterday either so I'm wondering wtf could this be from. Felt for lumps but didnt feel anything, but its one particular spot on my right testicle that hurts... Anyone ever have such a thing? I keep thinking I have cancer.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:33 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLN
Blood work and lab tests were completed yesterday and the results got back to me today.

Everything was great that was looked into, Hormone levels, testosterone B, B12, D, CBCs, etc etc.

Only one thing my doctor said could be lowered a bit was my cholesterol, which is interesting considering I keep such a healthy diet. Could a lot of seafood lead towards high cholesterol? I eat seafood at least 6 days a week I'd say. My cholesterol was 180, which he said anything below 200 is good, but last year it was 168...

Other than that, I have been panicking all day today because one of my nuts is hurting like crazy. Ultra sore. I didn't lift yesterday either so I'm wondering wtf could this be from. Felt for lumps but didnt feel anything, but its one particular spot on my right testicle that hurts... Anyone ever have such a thing? I keep thinking I have cancer.
Funny you say that, my right nut hurts sometimes as well for no reason (this is rather embarassing to post). I called a health-line once about it because I was scared and she said if I didn't have any lumps to not worry about it (I couldn't feel any as well). It's really intermittent though, and I seem to feel it less often since I've taken a break from working out. So yeah, I've stopped panicking over it since then.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Started Insanity yesterday........ needless to say I'm out of shape....

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread