Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GLN
I'm sorry, I was actually using the wrong terminology myself... Alternating grip IS in fact what I was referring to . Oops
aha, well then refer to my first paragraph about dropping the weight some. It will save you MASSIVELY in the future.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree Jon. If you try to go too heavy with DL's too soon, your back will suffer. Focus on form and keeping a TIGHT midline. The rest (heavier weight, strength, etc.) will follow pretty quickly.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Detailer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by SoCal
I agree Jon. If you try to go too heavy with DL's too soon, your back will suffer. Focus on form and keeping a TIGHT midline. The rest (heavier weight, strength, etc.) will follow pretty quickly.
And one thing I focus so so much on that alot of people hardly ever do is, stabiliser muscles, good stability from bosu ball squats and one leg dips will help you SO SO much!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Banned
I do a TON of box jumps and don't forget front squats. I also use an ab wheel to help keep my core strong. Those 3 things helps my DL's more than anything. Doing HEAVY farmer carries will help improve your grip strength as well.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Man... my legs were sore as hell today... but I still managed to knock out some a serious riding session today!

EDIT: LOL wrong upload...

Last edited by GLN; 05-02-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Both are hot! Which one is yours?

Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Detailer
And one thing I focus so so much on that alot of people hardly ever do is, stabiliser muscles, good stability from bosu ball squats and one leg dips will help you SO SO much!
Nice to see someone else advocate this.

Most people do not realize the importance of this type of training.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
^+1
very important

I know some might find this "gay" etc but have you ever tried TRX?

http://www.trxtraining.com/

Very good stuff as an addition to your regular routine as you can reach muscles you otherwise wouldn`t and there are plenty of excercises with it that are well worth the $$ invested in the TRX system.
there are different muscle categories,..global,local etc and stabilizing muscles that you can strengthen

Very good for personal training and sports rehab as well

Last edited by ECB; 05-03-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
TRX is definitely good stuff. I use it frequently. It's great for combinations as well, I have done a lot of pistol squat/row combos with it, used it for core, pretty much everything. Very useful to incorporate.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Banned
I ****ing HATE pistols haha. I have a knee that has seen better days, so I am not a huge fan.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread