Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tips
not much to be honest, the bench isnt one of my strong points, (messed up shoulder from a jetski incident)

110 kgs
I don't care what you say, but that is a SOLID max in my book given your specs (height/weight)

Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
I think people get a little caught up in BS bench numbers. Bounce bar off chest? Good lift bro! Don't lower to chest before pressing? Good lift bro!

Or in shirted PL numbers put up by a guy with 10" long arms.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eddiecut
you cant really change the fact that a sweet potato is a complex carb as a white potato is a simple carb
i personally wouldn't classify a white potatoe as a simple carb; and in controlled portions with the correct veggie+fibre intake i don't think it's as big a villain as it is made out in the fitness world as white bread

Originally Posted by ECB
but in the end this is also an example of a paper vs real life thing...
you can for example also add veggies,meat and a load of water and the GI of the entire meal,e.g. the response in insulin release and blood sugar level change will change..
this is right. my main concern with the literature is how white potatoes are portrayed when irl, for me at least, they work great and the 'numbers' speak for themselves when it comes to nutrition. personally i would stick 100-300g serving depending on the weights/cardio performed + what is on the menu for meals
i hear ya on the sticking to what is working bro
i ate potatoes yesterday and guzzled down almonds with peanuts just to up the carb and fats intake to experiment with my weight. glad to report 86.0kg to 86.9kg range is still where it's at depending on time of day as you know i want to make sure the water loss is not exaggerated and i don't think i'm at a stage which .. i am not at

that said, i am lifting a lot heavier weights now for all muscle groups (and loving the pumps), but it IS depleting me faster and i find that the cardio/abs+obliques performed after is not as intense nor am i as focused

[edit: i wake up around 11am and work out by 1pm; my workouts are done fasted save for water, and sometimes a banana if i am completely starving. this is because before going to bed i have a casein shake w/ water + some turkey or orange/apple. besides, fasted workouts are great for building strength, i find]

going to go back to basics for next week, lowering calories and aiming to see 84.0kg post workout by April 30th. it's a date

Last edited by boursachi; 04-18-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
110kg is no joke, well done
personally i now like to 'measure' strength by how many pull ups and push ups one can perform x3 sets

Old 04-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by big_slacker
I think people get a little caught up in BS bench numbers. Bounce bar off chest? Good lift bro! Don't lower to chest before pressing? Good lift bro!

Or in shirted PL numbers put up by a guy with 10" long arms.
Duh, bench is the only thing that matters. That's why so many bros stand around the bench press for an hour to do their 5 set chest workout. Because that is how you get jacked. It's always LOL when that happens and you're cleaning way more than they can bench

Originally Posted by strebo
I actually miss my old wrist-bands but I try to tell myself that "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link"
Kind of my theory, I used straps a lot but then ditched em. I do spend some time once a week doing some wrist isolation exercises

Last edited by cstroked; 04-18-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Duh, bench is the only thing that matters. That's why so many bros stand around the bench press for an hour to do their 5 set chest workout. Because that is how you get jacked. It's always LOL when that happens and you're cleaning way more than they can bench
and while the others bounce the bar off their chest with a spotter helping him up the 3rd guy stands aside touching his breast and flexing a bit to round things off

the most funny thing is when you correct them and let them do the full range of motion in a controlled manner without bouncing and not locking out on top but keeping the elbows slightly bent,they barely manage to do 1/3 of the weight

but at some point we were all beginners,..maybe not that douchbag like but mistakes were made and myths had to be debunked

For example for the first two months in a real gym I did not train legs but spent 45 min for biceps only then off to triceps and abs...

Old 04-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Most ppl ive seen never play legs

Theyre gigantic upper body but they have chicken legs

Theres one guy at our gym after each set he goes to a mirror and starts posing and flexing and when he starts lifting he moans like a b***h and some weird funny sounds come out

Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lumma
Most ppl ive seen never play legs

Theyre gigantic upper body but they have chicken legs

Theres one guy at our gym after each set he goes to a mirror and starts posing and flexing and when he starts lifting he moans like a b***h and some weird funny sounds come out
so a man walks into a bar with a monkey,...

Old 04-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Bar Body.

For me I started lifting to be stronger for sports, squats, deads and power cleans were more a part of my workout than bench. I do like to bench, but I'm not that strong at it. 225 (lbs, no kilos, lol!) is my max@165 BW.

I'm sure I can do more now with my additional size. If my pathetic excuse for a gym had an actual bench (as opposed to a smith machine which I refuse to use) I'd test out my 1RM. I've been doing DB flat press but the DB's only go to 80 and I can rep those above 12 which I don't consider useful weight/reps anymore.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
I see this guy at the gym every time I am in there... he always has his vibram five fingers, and his hoodie on over his head, always walking around with his chest all puffed out... paints a good picture right?

so I ask him... what program do you use?

"program? I just read all the arnold books and eat around 400-500 grams of protein a day, 10 sets of 10 reps"

this guy is retarded.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread