Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SATURN_rob
Oy. The Xc skiing to running transition is not fun. Soreness, why don't you heal?!?
look at your diet, particularly your protein intake, then your water intake.... I also take amino acids, and glutemine

Old 02-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
day 12 of dieting and workout everything's great

down 6lbs, 40 to go

feels great too

Old 02-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Need some advice on putting on a little more lean muscle. I'm currently at 175 lbs. I'm 5'11" with a 31-inch waist

Diet:

Breakfast: Bowl of cereal, usually Trader Joe's O's, either honey-nut or the fiber one that isn't as sweet with 2% organic milk. Multi-vitamin after breakfast.
Snack: In no particular order, 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 pear, and a KIND bar. I eat these in 1 hour intervals. Sometimes I'll double-up on one of the fruits instead of the other. I also have a medium-size glass of tea at some point.
Lunch (typically 4 to 5 hours after breakfast): Brown rice and some kind of stir-fry veggies and beef or chicken or two medium size fish fillets.
Snack (3 hours after lunch): pb&j sandwich with whole wheat flat bread (no toast) and another piece of fruit and a handful of nuts.
Pre-workout (30 minutes after snack, 30 minutes before workout): 1 scoop whey protein with water.
Post-workout: 2 scoops whey protein with water, a couple pieces of beef jerky and a handful of blueberries.
Dinner (30 minutes after post-workout): Similar or greater meat intake as lunch and a salad of some sort. Usually mixed greens, carrots, cucumbers, tomato, some pine nuts, a little cheese and a little bit of dressing (usually Italian, nothing opaque like Ranch or 1000 Island).
Post-Dinner snack (45 minutes after dinner): Glass of tea with a good size spoonful of pb and a couple pieces of beef jerky.

I am constantly drinking water throughout the day, probably go through about 100 oz. of water throughout the work day and at least that much between work and when I go to sleep.

Workout regimen:

MWF: 20 to 30 minutes of cardio (elliptical, rowing, swimming or combo of e+r or e+s)
Lifting: Medium to high-impact 3 sets of each workout. Start off at 10 reps and work down to 6 or 7 while going up in weight. I'll do back and shoulders 1 day, chest and arms another and abs and something else on the final day.
Tuesday, Saturday or Sunday: 40 to 50 minutes cardio and finish out with an ab workout.
Thursday: No workout (I'm busy from 8am to 11 pm), I might do some pushups and go for a brisk 20 minute walk at the end of the night when I get home.
I take either saturday or sunday off depending on work and what I did the night before.

I went from 165ish to 175 pretty steadily, but I've hit a bit of a wall. I'd like to get up to 185-190 within the next month to 6 weeks.

What do you guys recommend?

Last edited by ZAMIRZ; 02-15-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
To grow you must eat.... eat more chicken, fish, carbs, good fats... and lift heavier with lower reps.... thats the simple equation for gaining size. you have a lot of simple sugars in your diet, not that its bad but, something you might want to take a look at.

I say this to everybody but, I gained some serious strength from doing the wendler 5 3 1 program for four months, and I only did the two days for the last 4 months. the program is based on bench/OHP/Dead lift/Squat. its super simple and effective. I have the ebook if you want it.

Last edited by eddiecut; 02-15-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Westside for Skinny Bastards A modified lifting program for "Hardgainers" - DeFranco's Training

+

Lots of it. You'll grow, trust me.

On an unrelated note, road rash REALLY sucks. I don't like waking up at 4:30AM because I turned the wrong way.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I went from 82kg to 98kg, working out 6 days a week and probably ate brown rice with chicken and sweet chili sauce 9 out of 10 meals. I ate like a horse with no supplements and now I'm at a ~lean 90kg.

I always lift heavy, 4-8 reps. Moral of story, eat lots of chicken

Old 02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Eat more meat and do some damn squats and deads.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:55 PM
I love my DUCKS!
Originally Posted by strebo
I went from 82kg to 98kg, working out 6 days a week and probably ate brown rice with chicken and sweet chili sauce 9 out of 10 meals. I ate like a horse with no supplements and now I'm at a ~lean 90kg.

I always lift heavy, 4-8 reps. Moral of story, eat lots of chicken
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Eat more meat and do some damn squats and deads.
now these two are MEN! they know whats up! Eat and lift heavy bro... I am going to email you the wendler program right now. Keep it simple... eat more, lift heavy.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
regarding protein why do ppl eat more chicken, not meat or fish?

whats a wendler program?

Old 02-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Got Wendy's today - take that proper nutrition!

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread