Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Partially because of pant size. I have to buy bigger waist, which means the whole pants themselves are usually baggy on me. I don't want to be super thin in that area.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:38 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
5g of x is not equal to 5g Protein of y

The Amino Acid profiles differ and there is some scale called the biological value of the protein which tells how "good" and complete the certain foods protein is.
There are essential and non essential amino acids and some special amino acids that trigger specific responses in your body and are needed for very important processes

the protein in non meat/dairy foods.meaning all the veggie and carb/nuts etc stuff is pretty much inferior to any other "real" food that is protein heavy

Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I know that most non-animal protein isn't complete. I also know that in a day's intake there is always a mixture of complete and incomplete proteins (and I'm not some vegan protein cocktail wanna be scientist) with the end result being enough to support the goals of most folks.

I'm not personally a huge fan of an animal protein heavy breakfast outside of cutting when it's necessary.

Originally Posted by ECB
5g of x is not equal to 5g Protein of y

The Amino Acid profiles differ and there is some scale called the biological value of the protein which tells how "good" and complete the certain foods protein is.
There are essential and non essential amino acids and some special amino acids that trigger specific responses in your body and are needed for very important processes

the protein in non meat/dairy foods.meaning all the veggie and carb/nuts etc stuff is pretty much inferior to any other "real" food that is protein heavy

Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smy266
So... I have a question for allyou workout buffs... I have really thick thighs from running up ramps at my job (valet for those that don't know). Do my question is this, is it possible to make my thighs more lean and not as bulky without really losing muscle? If so, what is the best way. I know it's a pretty lame question so take it easy on me.
there is no targeted spot reduction of bodyfat possibly

as slacker said,it`s a genetics thing and since one mostly has not that much bodyfat on the legs you can only reduce your overall bodyfat and lose some size by that or stop/reduce training legs

Old 01-26-2012, 04:44 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by big_slacker
I'm not personally a huge fan of an animal protein heavy breakfast outside of cutting when it's necessary.
I respect that!

some cottage cheese as a side to the oatmeal Muesli would do it as well imo

Old 01-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
True dat! That's a good breakfast.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
some apple chunks with cinn sprinkled on them, warmed up in the microwave, with cottage cheese is pretty amazing for breakfast... along with eggs or shake haha

Old 01-26-2012, 06:30 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smy266
So... I have a question for allyou workout buffs... I have really thick thighs from running up ramps at my job (valet for those that don't know). Do my question is this, is it possible to make my thighs more lean and not as bulky without really losing muscle? If so, what is the best way. I know it's a pretty lame question so take it easy on me.
sean if your not currently working out, you might be able to lean up you entire body and get stronger.... legs included in that.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eddiecut
some apple chunks with cinn sprinkled on them, warmed up in the microwave, with cottage cheese is pretty amazing for breakfast... along with eggs or shake haha
That sounds REALLY good! I'll have to give it a shot!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I love my DUCKS!
I really like it post work out or for breakfast... simple sugar in the apple. protein in the cottage cheese.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread