Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Banned
WHITE997ttRS is infamous around these partsWHITE997ttRS is infamous around these parts
WTDoom, you are one of the very few that has driven both the P1 and 918. Since one is twin turbo and the other is NA, can you comment on the throttle response. Is turbo lag totally eliminated in the P1 with e-power assist as they claim. Is their any issue with brake feel with KERS activated in the 918. TIA for reply

Last edited by WHITE997ttRS; 09-16-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WHITE997ttRS
WTDoom, you are one of the very few that has driven both the P1 and 918. Since one is twin turbo and the other is NA, can you comment on the throttle response. Is turbo lag totally eliminated in the P1 with e-power assist as they claim. Is their any issue with brake feel with KERS activated in the 918. TIA for reply
From what I understand, he hasn't driven the P1.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Banned
WHITE997ttRS is infamous around these partsWHITE997ttRS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mark ANTAR
From what I understand, he hasn't driven the P1.
I just assumed doom had driven the P1 now that leno has had his turn.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
I have an update , due to drive the 918 full power , completely finished article this weekend at Seville .
I'll get pics, vids and further( better ) videos

Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by wtdoom
I have an update , due to drive the 918 full power , completely finished article this weekend at Seville .
Thanks doom! Looking forward to the article!

Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
bluewonder is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 10-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, wonderful writeup for the 918! - you're guide is DAMN GORGEOUS!! :O

Old 10-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again .
Heading off tomorrow , very exciting .
Forgot to say if anyone has any questions they would like me to ask Porsche please post them here and I'll do my best to get replies .
( then back to Berlin bluewonder )

Last edited by wtdoom; 10-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bluewonder is an unknown quantity at this point
My Man!

Old 10-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks again .
Heading off tomorrow , very exciting .
Forgot to say if anyone has any questions they would like me to ask Porsche please post them here and I'll do my best to get replies .
( then back to Berlin bluewonder )

...doom, pls ask why it it seemed the 918 struggled to go up 300km on the long straight at ring, was it because the driver was not pushing or because it was almost out of charge for the hot lap??

Quick Reply: WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )