Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Doom, where are you?????? We are waiting for your feedback mate.

How was your experience? what is new?

Old 10-30-2013, 05:00 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
boyko23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
What happened really with the report?

Old 10-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for delay .
Ended up in London , was very tired .

Drive was great I'll put together something ASAP ( even though it was still NOT full power ) .

I do however have new information

Front engine being reprogrammed for higher rpm , this will mean it will be able to make power for longer and be decoupled at a higher speed . Acceleration figures will be better .
Systems are still being optimised to work together more efficiently .
Power figures are very conservative and final figure will probably be higher but this may not be announced .
Recharging on the move is even better now (after my laps in Seville a couple of days ago we went back in with only about 7 per cent less power , by putting the car in manual mode and keeping the revs around 4500 by the time we got back in the pits and parked up we were back at 92 per cent which was where we started) .
Max torque well is over 900 pounds feet now .

All of the above means the ring time can come down "significantly" and from what I hear they will probably go back and do it anyway ( regardless of la Ferrari and p1 ).

For anyone going out there for drives , I had it confirmed to me today the cars are NOT full power and the traction control is set up to be more intrusive than normal even though the drivers at the event may not confirm this to you .( 220 people will drive this car over 2 weeks they can't afford a crash I think , lol )

Weissach pack worth 3 seconds at the ring and it's mainly the aero and I sprung weight making the difference .

Last edited by wtdoom; 10-30-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Banned
WHITE997ttRS is infamous around these partsWHITE997ttRS is infamous around these parts
Can Porsche find another 17s off their record with version 2.0 updates ;0)
H E L L O.......P1 :0P

Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Sorry for delay .
Ended up in London , was very tired .

Drive was great I'll put together something ASAP ( even though it was still NOT full power ) .

I do however have new information

Front engine being reprogrammed for higher rpm , this will mean it will be able to make power for longer and be decoupled at a higher speed . Acceleration figures will be better .
Systems are still being optimised to work together more efficiently .
Power figures are very conservative and final figure will probably be higher but this may not be announced .
Recharging on the move is even better now (after my laps in Seville a couple of days ago we went back in with only about 7 per cent less power , by putting the car in manual mode and keeping the revs around 4500 by the time we got back in the pits and parked up we were back at 92 per cent which was where we started) .
Max torque well is over 900 pounds feet now .

All of the above means the ring time can come down "significantly" and from what I hear they will probably go back and do it anyway ( regardless of la Ferrari and p1 ).

For anyone going out there for drives , I had it confirmed to me today the cars are NOT full power and the traction control is set up to be more intrusive than normal even though the drivers at the event may not confirm this to you .( 220 people will drive this car over 2 weeks they can't afford a crash I think , lol )

Weissach pack worth 3 seconds at the ring and it's mainly the aero and I sprung weight making the difference .
Doom, thanks for the post. Any pictures or videos to share with us?

Old 11-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Yes plenty
Having some mac issues will sort ASAP .

Btw

Mclaren have categorically told nick trott they will not release a p1 ring time .
Does anyone have more info?

Old 11-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Yes plenty
Having some mac issues will sort ASAP .

Btw

Mclaren have categorically told nick trott they will not release a p1 ring time .
Does anyone have more info?
Thanks a lot doom, I can't wait to see them.... please don't keep us waiting too long.

I will call the owner of a Mcl dealer I know to try to get more info and I will send you a PM

Old 11-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
It's out now electronically apparently . This months evo , nicks editorial column .
Very strange .

Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Doom, Mate, we are still waiting for pictures and videos Pls

Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
boyko23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Doooooom, pleaseeeeeeee...

Quick Reply: WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )