Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Look I'm really sory . I'm travelling and only have a mini iPad . I do this till I get back to berlin .

Old 11-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Banned
WHITE997ttRS is infamous around these partsWHITE997ttRS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Look I'm really sory . I'm travelling and only have a mini iPad . I do this till I get back to berlin .
Its cool. Your write ups are worth waiting for

Old 11-14-2013, 05:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
trax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond repute
I went down to the same event as Baf with my Mrs in Seville a few days later

Ok first thing I can tell you is that this project has definitely turned in a show case for the company.
The marketing budget alone must be enormous.

So we started the morning with an hour or so of learning the track in 997turbo and 997turbo S cars. Have to say the instructors were really top notch and they were doing all these fun games of taking out two cars and trying to overtake the instructor.

Circuit was quite fun, lots of bends and really was in a shockingly bad state, so much loose gravel. Almost every car Porsche had there was sporting cracked windscreens.

Anyway onto the main event.
First thing I noticed about the 918 compared to previously was the exhaust sound which they have either improved or perhaps its just the additional power on the engines.
So at the start they got me to drive the car in pure electric mode while trying to keep up with one of the turbos. I guess its quite interesting to see how fast the car is just on just the electrics and it’s a bit weird to be driving at hundred miles per hour in silence.
However what I really noticed in electric mode is the brake noise – its not like any normal brakes – presumably it caused by the engine braking rather than the actual discs.
So then onto the full power try out – now I only got 4 or 5 laps in it but OMG how fast is this car.
I can easily say it felt like the best car I’ve ever driven
Compared to the 997turbo you could take the corners on much more aggressive lines and way faster.

All in all I was incredibly impressed with the car. It looks fantastic, feels fantastic everything just reeks of quality.

I still haven’t driven the P1 but I just cant see how a small operation like Mclaren can possibly compete with the budget that Porsche have thrown at this car. In fact I doubt the Ferrari will be as good.

BTW as has been said before here they have upped the performance figures again and are saying they think they can take at least another 10 seconds of the Ring time.

A few photos

DSC_1826 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1828 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1829 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1871 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1872 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1831 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1841 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1850 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1931 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1935 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1937 by Trax5, on Flickr

DSC_1945 by Trax5, on Flickr

Old 11-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
patrick95 is on a distinguished roadpatrick95 is on a distinguished road
Simple, Porsche there is no substitute. ;-)

Old 11-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
boyko23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Big thank you, Trax!

Old 11-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Trax,

Thanks for the post mate.

Still too busy for me to go for my test drive, I hope to do so very soon.

...And Doom, Mate, you are not off the hook yet with Trax's post, we certainly are all still waiting for you to get back to Berlin and post some pictures and videos Cheers!

Last edited by LeatherFoot; 11-14-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
trax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond repute
Its a crap video off my iphone, but here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXx-n...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by trax; 11-14-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Wow, cool video and nice driving man! Looks like a very clean line! What was your topspeed on the straight?

Old 11-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
patrick95 is on a distinguished roadpatrick95 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
Wow, coll video and nice driving man! Looks like a very clean line!
What was your topspeed on the straight?
The power in this car was limited. Also I think he wasn't driving in "Race" or "Hot Lap". So whatever top speed he was able to achieved, the car can do better.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mustafa is on a distinguished roadmustafa is on a distinguished road
Trax and WTDoom, we keep hearing that the car produces even more power than they currently claim. Any idea how much to expect (ballpark)?

Quick Reply: WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )