Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boyko23
What makes you think so? P1 is lighter, but 918 has 4WD, 4WS and as you also stated tremendous capabilities in corners...
Both have almost equal power output...
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot
I really doubt P1 would be faster around track.

Do you know anything about any 918 without electric motors that porsche is rumored to be working on?
Gents , I think the P1 has been designed to be fast on track . Just look at it .
The downforce , the 300 per cent firmer race mode , the IPAS , Akebono disks etc etc . The 918 is a genuine do it all , all weather , easy to use , comfortable , fully loaded ( great infotainment system , sound system , build quality , interior etc ) supercar that ALSO can be very fast on track .
I think on faster tracks the 918 wont be able to make up the speed in the corners that it has lost in the straights . I will be happy to be proven wrong though but I suspect that the truth will be that each of these 3 cars will be faster on those tracks that best favour their individual characteristics . There wont be one car that will be faster everywhere at every time.

I fully expect the 918 with its 4ws, 4wd ,immediate e torque to be fastest on real roads and a to b , dont even get me started on wet or damp conditions ...

The closest thing to a 918 I expect from Porsche is the 960 mid engined supercar 458/12c competitor .
Originally Posted by woppum
Although could well be called a 960!
I think he meant the 4 seater 918 engined thing hinted at by journalists .

Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Hi Wtdoom,

thanks for this nice write up here...probably one of the first non journalist reviews ...well written..and if you as a C-GT owner are postivly surprised by this car..then I believe you..

If you really consider this car..my advice would be to wait a bit more. Its by far not yet sold out..like the P1, I presonally wouldnt put so much money down before:

a) knowing the P1
b) having a rough estimate of hwo this thing would depreciate..you just want to avoid loosing 300K in 6 month. Im pretty sure this wont happen to the Ferrari..but this one here is a new concept...and people are hesitant. Put differently, if only half of them are sold now..is that a good argument for second hand prices? Anyway, youre lucky enough to have the C-GT..and what you might loose on the 918 you would get back on the C-GT.

Oh, one more comment, I have seen more beautiful female guide´s..but not at Porsche..
I do not know enough about the P1 , need more information that I am in the process of getting . I havent ruled out the P1 but the 918 is a definite go .
The guide looked MUCH better when not smiling , she actually had a very lovely slightly stern face . Lovely

Originally Posted by DJ
@Wtdoom - thanks for this!
US Roadshow was just cancelled, I'm bummed!
Oh DJ im really sorry to hear that mate .

Old 09-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Supersports is an unknown quantity at this point
wtdoom. Did you get a chance to order the 918 edition Turbo S. It is a lovely thing and must be really rare. The green details are a very nice touch.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Supersports
wtdoom. Did you get a chance to order the 918 edition Turbo S. It is a lovely thing and must be really rare. The green details are a very nice touch.
No mate was not really interested , was a very well specced car though I agree .

Old 09-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thought the green detailing was really nice and wondered if the 918 scheme had the same impact. Especially with you thinking a black car. The combination of carbon, black and the Green looked superb.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using teamspeed

Attached Images    
Old 09-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gorgeous car , supersports .

Wow Porsche surprise us again , what an amazing lap time !

Old 09-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
That lap time was stunning

Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Banned
WHITE997ttRS is infamous around these partsWHITE997ttRS is infamous around these parts
Hello doom (widow here ;0)), great to see your post on the 918. There really is no substitute. I'm on gardening leave till 9/28. I didn't take your advise. Oh well, it's much friendlier here. One thing, how did McLaren take the rejection. I guest we now know who makes the FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD ;0)

Old 09-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Supersports
That lap time was stunning

Yes , a luxuriously appointed , do it all CABRIO ! Unbelievable .

Originally Posted by WHITE997ttRS
Hello doom (widow here ;0)), great to see your post on the 918. There really is no substitute. I'm on gardening leave till 9/28. I didn't take your advise. Oh well, it's much friendlier here. One thing, how did McLaren take the rejection. I guest we now know who makes the FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD ;0)
Hello Widow

Old 09-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
have you decided what spec you are going for? You may have already covered this if so I apologize

Old 09-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing write up and review. Better than most that will be printed about the 918 IMO.

I also really like your justification around why this was the car for Porsche to build. I always want raw involved cars but as you said they have already built that. Why do it again?

In the end I want a CGT above all else, but this would be an interesting thought as well.

Quick Reply: WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )