Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The Huayra for me, any time over the 918. I've nothing to add except echo what has already been said.

The 918 is no doubt a fantastic car. If you chose it you'd be the lucky owner of a very special car. But put next to the Pagani? Maybe it's just me, but the two don't compare.

Thats just my opinion of course, good luck with whichever you choose

And as for the comment about Pagani being nothing more than a kit car? LOL. Their Zonda's were appreciating before production even ended. Which kit car manufacturer can get a 2 year order list before they even show the car to the public?

Old 12-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Artist
Ok so it has 70 more Hp, and 200NM less torque.. and weights 400kg more than the Huayra.. and you are dead sure its faster ?
I think i would wait a little..its not like a comparison between a NIssan Micra and GTR, where you can call the winner without even knowing shit.

And when it comes to your other answers which were all NO!

Then i rest my case

Merry X mas to you to.

PS
My argument about seeing the car in the flesh holds very well.. Nearly no one doubts that the 918 is a good looking car, probably more so in reality.
Some cars photograph well, others dont. I have yet to meet a person who has seen it and still says that its is ugly.
So until you do..your opinion on the design ( which was not asked for in this thread) is highly irrelevant to me at least.
Everyone said that to me about the 12c. Then I saw one in person and still didn't like it.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The Huayra will be produced in very limited numbers, based on factory capacity and demand... It is exotic in every sense of the word... One day Pagani will no longer be around, and this car will truly be a collectible... The 918 Spyder is a tech showcase... Demand will come short of expectations, and Porsche will end up not meeting the preset quota... It will sell less successfully than its predecessor....still it will not be as exclusive as the Pagani... I would only get the 918 Spyder if Porsche makes a run of track ones, with additional mods, and racing livery...

Old 12-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
boyko23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
1. The Porsche is made by the biggest R&D department in automotive industry. The Pagani in a fancy italian garage.
2. The Porsche has a race derived engine, prooved in lmp2 for several seasons. the Pagani borrows old school AMG engine... Kit car comments, please?
3. The Porsche already covered thousands of miles of testing-even this 1mil car is made to be driven-amazing! I want to see a single italian supercar which has covered half the distance, without beeing torn to pieces or even burned!
4. Last time, when Pagani wanted to compete with Porsche supercar (cgt), it needed several additional years and several additional models to reach that level.
5. The Pagani is more than ugly-period!
6. And last, but not least-918 is made to be automotive perfection in superior way. Pagani is nice combination of "exclusive" parts-leather, carbon trims, fancy vents and so on. Nice hype, but not a better car in any way...

One retarded fan...

Old 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boyko23
1. The Porsche is made by the biggest R&D department in automotive industry. The Pagani in a fancy italian garage.
2. The Porsche has a race derived engine, prooved in lmp2 for several seasons. the Pagani borrows old school AMG engine... Kit car comments, please?
3. The Porsche already covered thousands of miles of testing-even this 1mil car is made to be driven-amazing! I want to see a single italian supercar which has covered half the distance, without beeing torn to pieces or even burned!
4. Last time, when Pagani wanted to compete with Porsche supercar (cgt), it needed several additional years and several additional models to reach that level.
5. The Pagani is more than ugly-period!
6. And last, but not least-918 is made to be automotive perfection in superior way. Pagani is nice combination of "exclusive" parts-leather, carbon trims, fancy vents and so on. Nice hype, but not a better car in any way...

One retarded fan...
Forget your opinions on the style, you need to learn something about cars

1) The Pagani is made in a fancy Italian Garage? - ok learn first then post

2) It uses a Bespoke AMG engine not shared w any other AMG product - reference my comment above

You my friend have no clue of WTF you are talking about so dont get involved unless you know what you are doing.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
The Huayra will be produced in very limited numbers, based on factory capacity and demand... It is exotic in every sense of the word... One day Pagani will no longer be around, and this car will truly be a collectible... The 918 Spyder is a tech showcase... Demand will come short of expectations, and Porsche will end up not meeting the preset quota... It will sell less successfully than its predecessor....still it will not be as exclusive as the Pagani... I would only get the 918 Spyder if Porsche makes a run of track ones, with additional mods, and racing livery...
Bingo.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
boyko23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Marc, learn me about cars. Please tiger?!?

Old 12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
nikola1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ZondaTricolore
The Huayra for me, any time over the 918. I've nothing to add except echo what has already been said.

The 918 is no doubt a fantastic car. If you chose it you'd be the lucky owner of a very special car. But put next to the Pagani? Maybe it's just me, but the two don't compare.

Thats just my opinion of course, good luck with whichever you choose

And as for the comment about Pagani being nothing more than a kit car? LOL. Their Zonda's were appreciating before production even ended. Which kit car manufacturer can get a 2 year order list before they even show the car to the public?
About what i bolded.

How come that Porsche and Pagain cant compare? Is Porsche a Škoda or what?!

Hundreds races won in many categories (Le Man and so on), 50+ years of experience with sport cars and now it cant compare with a 20 year old supercars company?! Which races Pagain won, where do Pagani compete? Where did they compete to prove their endurance? They do not even have their own motor...

Only aspect in which Pagain is better ( well this is subjective too) is maybe that "WOW" factor, coz it's rare car.

If you compare history of these 2 car makers, you should not be in any dilema...

My vote goes for 918.

Last edited by nikola1970; 12-25-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
suhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished road
I don't understand the need to bash the Huayra.

It's a boutique car. It's got exclusivity written all over it. If you like that sort of thing, then the Huayra is your best bet.

If you like clinical cars that have undergone monumental levels of R&D / testing + exclusive in its own way + a car that pulls at the heart-strings, the 918 is your car.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by nikola1970
About what i bolded.

How come that Porsche and Pagain cant compare? Is Porsche a Škoda or what?!
No, the two don't compare. I didn't say one is better than the other, but rather they are different types of cars, built with different ethos's.

No doubt they are both fantastic cars to drive, both perfected and over engineered, and both faster than comprehension, but that doesn't mean they offer the same driving experience.

Quick Reply: Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)