Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
^"I think you already chose the 918 over the Huayra", is what I should have said the first paragraph. The translator took it badly. My choice is undoubtedly the Huayra. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if it's just me, but the Huyara doesn't look very pretty, kind of like a cockroach. I mean obviously I'd stare at it if I saw it on the road, but the pictures and videos show an unattractive car that doesn't sound or look nearly as good as the Zonda it replaces. Choose the Porsche 918, it will be as awesome as the CGT.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a video with Chris Harris in the 918.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFNIqxTT_mw

Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
I don't know if it's just me, but the Huyara doesn't look very pretty, kind of like a cockroach. I mean obviously I'd stare at it if I saw it on the road, but the pictures and videos show an unattractive car that doesn't sound or look nearly as good as the Zonda it replaces. Choose the Porsche 918, it will be as awesome as the CGT.
You're not alone

Old 12-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tango
^"I think you already chose the 918 over the Huayra", is what I should have said the first paragraph. The translator took it badly. My choice is undoubtedly the Huayra. My apologies for the misunderstanding.
I understand very well Tango

You just made my decision much harder i was very excited when i thought you said you would go with the 918 as a huge huayra fan

Last edited by LeatherFoot; 12-24-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
patrick95 is on a distinguished roadpatrick95 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Artist
Who told you its faster?

And what you think about the looks is not interesting.

The dude was not asking for us to tailor a taste for him.

PS
And that kit car comment.. pure retard!
Based on this video:
also because I know that the 918 will be faster.
That was my opinion about the looks of the Huayra, thank you for telling me that it is not interesting, but i think many people agree with me.

PS: Calling someone retard is not very nice as you know, just because you don't agree with him, doesn't make him a retard.
Thank you

Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^ That video proves what? that the Huayra is faster around that particular track by a small margin over the Mclaren?

How does that tell you that its slower than the 918?

Have you driven the 918?

Have you driven the Huayra?

Have you even seen the Huayra in the flesh ( that goes for everyone who thinks it looks like shit..as i have met many who share this view, but all of them have NOT seen it in the flesh)?

It does not matter if people agree with you or not, the OP did not ask for YOUR taste in design.

I did not call him a retard, but his comment.. And i stand by it 100%.
To call a pagani a kit car that is meant to be in a garage is nearly the most retarded thing ive read during 2012.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
patrick95 is on a distinguished roadpatrick95 is on a distinguished road
"That video proves what? that the Huayra is faster around that particular track by a small margin over the Mclaren?"
YES

"How does that tell you that its slower than the 918?"
The 918 has more than 800HP while the Huayra has 700. Also Porsches are known by their ability on how good they put the power down plus the Torque from 0 rpm!

"Have you driven the 918?"
NO
"Have you driven the Huayra?"
NO

"Have you even seen the Huayra in the flesh ( that goes for everyone who thinks it looks like shit..as i have met many who share this view, but all of them have NOT seen it in the flesh)?"

No, but I also haven't seen the 918 in the flesh, so your point is invalid, because every car looks better in the flesh.

"It does not matter if people agree with you or not, the OP did not ask for YOUR taste in design."
He did not ask for MY taste in design, BUT he said "share YOUR thoughts" so I think that goes beyond saying I like this or I like that, you have to elaborate and I think design is one of the main arguments when buying a car of this caliber. Also, it is my OPINION! you don't have to agree or disagree, just ignore it if it bothers you.

"I did not call him a retard, but his comment.. And i stand by it 100%.
To call a pagani a kit car that is meant to be in a garage is nearly the most retarded thing ive read during 2012."
As you wish.
Anyway, they are all great cars and I'm sure he will be happy with either one.

Merry Christmas BTW!

Old 12-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
R O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really nice

Old 12-25-2012, 06:54 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by patrick95
"That video proves what? that the Huayra is faster around that particular track by a small margin over the Mclaren?"
YES

"How does that tell you that its slower than the 918?"
The 918 has more than 800HP while the Huayra has 700. Also Porsches are known by their ability on how good they put the power down plus the Torque from 0 rpm!

"Have you driven the 918?"
NO
"Have you driven the Huayra?"
NO

"Have you even seen the Huayra in the flesh ( that goes for everyone who thinks it looks like shit..as i have met many who share this view, but all of them have NOT seen it in the flesh)?"

No, but I also haven't seen the 918 in the flesh, so your point is invalid, because every car looks better in the flesh.

"It does not matter if people agree with you or not, the OP did not ask for YOUR taste in design."
He did not ask for MY taste in design, BUT he said "share YOUR thoughts" so I think that goes beyond saying I like this or I like that, you have to elaborate and I think design is one of the main arguments when buying a car of this caliber. Also, it is my OPINION! you don't have to agree or disagree, just ignore it if it bothers you.

"I did not call him a retard, but his comment.. And i stand by it 100%.
To call a pagani a kit car that is meant to be in a garage is nearly the most retarded thing ive read during 2012."
As you wish.
Anyway, they are all great cars and I'm sure he will be happy with either one.

Merry Christmas BTW!
Ok so it has 70 more Hp, and 200NM less torque.. and weights 400kg more than the Huayra.. and you are dead sure its faster ?
I think i would wait a little..its not like a comparison between a NIssan Micra and GTR, where you can call the winner without even knowing shit.

And when it comes to your other answers which were all NO!

Then i rest my case

Merry X mas to you to.

PS
My argument about seeing the car in the flesh holds very well.. Nearly no one doubts that the 918 is a good looking car, probably more so in reality.
Some cars photograph well, others dont. I have yet to meet a person who has seen it and still says that its is ugly.
So until you do..your opinion on the design ( which was not asked for in this thread) is highly irrelevant to me at least.

Last edited by La Artist; 12-25-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)