Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
I think that the Huayra is in every aspect a far superior car. The 918 does not belong to the same league. Its like comparing an S class with a phantom or a mulsane.... I will elaborate later, just got home now, need to sleep, tomorrow got to get up early.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
patrick95 is on a distinguished roadpatrick95 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by exRockstar
I think that the Huayra is in every aspect a far superior car. The 918 does not belong to the same league. Its like comparing an S class with a phantom or a mulsane.... I will elaborate later, just got home now, need to sleep, tomorrow got to get up early.
How is the Huayra a far superior car? The 918 is faster, more refined, better engineered, a LOT MORE technologically advanced and more beautiful (IMO, the Huayra's front is ugly, also i'm not a big fan of the interior), the Huayra feels outdated compared to it.
918 FTW

Old 12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boyko23
918 is and will be benchmark in automotive history. Thousands of km of testing and all the Porsche R&D has nothing to do with another Italian kit car, made to sit in a garage.
kit car? seriously?

Old 12-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
suhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished road
I personally think it would be unfair to compare these two awesome automobiles. They are so different. Chalk and cheese if you will!

It's not right to say that the 918 does not belong in the same league. And it's equally unfair to diss the Pagani by calling the Huayra an 'Italian Kit Car'.

The 918, like all Porsches, on the face of it, is a clinical car. It does everything brilliantly, I'm sure. Some people like that. They prefer precision, technology and sophistication over other things.

The Huayra on the other hand is the sort of car you buy if the absolute pinnacle of technology is not as important as attention to detail and absolute exclusivity. It's the sort of car you wear rather than drive.

It's fine and actually easy when you have to choose between two cars when one of them is a 'head' decision and the other one is purely chosen based on what the 'heart' wants.

But when you've got two cars like the 918 and the Huayra, it's much harder (I'd imagine) because both cars appeal to the heart equally.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:38 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by patrick95
How is the Huayra a far superior car? The 918 is faster, more refined, better engineered, a LOT MORE technologically advanced and more beautiful (IMO, the Huayra's front is ugly, also i'm not a big fan of the interior), the Huayra feels outdated compared to it.
918 FTW
Who told you its faster?

And what you think about the looks is not interesting.

The dude was not asking for us to tailor a taste for him.

PS
And that kit car comment.. pure retard!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
918 of course. Looks very different and very unique. Something new.!

Old 12-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
In my point of view the 918 is not on the same level as the Huayra. But that is just my opinion. If i was to spend a million €/plus on a car, i would rather be seen in a Pagani than in a Porsche.

A million € for a Porsche, is stretching it to much.... I do not see a justification for that in anycar porsche makes. If you wanna more technological, gizmo car why not go for the P1? Or the F150? Or the Agera? I think getting a chassis place on these cars would be better than going for the Porsche, and easier to access a chassis than the Huayra.

Regarding the service, that is not an issue. You have three choices. Fly the car to Pagani, Pagani flies the technicians to your place, a Mercedes dealer will be able to perform the sevices.

There's alot more we can discuss about in here regarding performance, future upgrades, value in the future, bespoke, ownership, etc, etc....

Spending 1m€ in a car, for me has to be an investment both sentimental and financial. The porsche is a porsche.....

Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Duff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond repute
If you purchase a Huayra you are a member of one the most privileged automobile circles worldwide. Porsche produces more than 100 of thousands of cars annually , Horacio Pagani still lives his dream and passion by producing a piece of art on four wheels. He is hub of the whole business - that's what makes it so unique IMO.

Last edited by Duff Man; 12-24-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
I think you and I choose the 918 over the Huayra. Just want to know if the rest of us are in the same boat. You want to feel good with itself, but at the same time want be liked others with your choice. It's a very difficult situation, I would not be in their shoes.

Maybe the 918 has a more clean and smooth, but the radical aspect of the Huayra, is what attracts me. I am also sure that the Huayra from 2013 will bring slight changes in its controversial front, but I sense that is the least of your problems. Not if you had the chance to see him in the flesh, but I have not heard of anyone who has seen the Huayra personally and not be very impressed, as always says the artist, you have to see in person, the pictures do not capture the complexity their lines.

If you choose the Huayra, you will be side by side with Horacio Pagani in his atelier, discussing the details to make your artwork; you are involved with the people of pagani on the set-up of his car, you are part of creating the car of your dreams. At some point, in some of his visits to the factory, the same shoemaker "craftsman" who manufactures the shoes of the Pope, go personally to take measurements of your foot, and construct their shoes using the same leather that lines the inside of the Huayra , others will do with its pilot for rain, etc, etc, all made ​​to measure, that is partly what is so special Pagani. And did I mention how special it must feel part of the Pagani Gathering, you infected with the passion that breathes there. When someone purchases a Pagani, begins to be considered a family member Pagani.

On technical and financial aspects are other members who can give you a better view than me. I wish you luck

A Pagani Fan

Old 12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tango
I think you and I choose the 918 over the Huayra. Just want to know if the rest of us are in the same boat. You want to feel good with itself, but at the same time want be liked others with your choice. It's a very difficult situation, I would not be in their shoes.

Maybe the 918 has a more clean and smooth, but the radical aspect of the Huayra, is what attracts me. I am also sure that the Huayra from 2013 will bring slight changes in its controversial front, but I sense that is the least of your problems. Not if you had the chance to see him in the flesh, but I have not heard of anyone who has seen the Huayra personally and not be very impressed, as always says the artist, you have to see in person, the pictures do not capture the complexity their lines.

If you choose the Huayra, you will be side by side with Horacio Pagani in his atelier, discussing the details to make your artwork; you are involved with the people of pagani on the set-up of his car, you are part of creating the car of your dreams. At some point, in some of his visits to the factory, the same shoemaker "craftsman" who manufactures the shoes of the Pope, go personally to take measurements of your foot, and construct their shoes using the same leather that lines the inside of the Huayra , others will do with its pilot for rain, etc, etc, all made ​​to measure, that is partly what is so special Pagani. And did I mention how special it must feel part of the Pagani Gathering, you infected with the passion that breathes there. When someone purchases a Pagani, begins to be considered a family member Pagani.

On technical and financial aspects are other members who can give you a better view than me. I wish you luck

A Pagani Fan
Thanks Tango, I enjoyed your perspective. Everything you said is right on point.
So you are a pagani fan who prefers the 918 over the Huayra, right?

Quick Reply: Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)