Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Surprised so many are voting for the 918. I do love it's appearance, but wouldn't want the hybrid system.

So for me it's Huayra, no question. A true hand built masterpiece that will drop jaws, retain its value and reward the driver with an experience that few cars could hope to.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by latterlon
Surprised so many are voting for the 918. I do love it's appearance, but wouldn't want the hybrid system.

So for me it's Huayra, no question. A true hand built masterpiece that will drop jaws, retain its value and reward the driver with an experience that few cars could hope to.
Fully agree, the only thing that speaks for me more for the 918 is the design...but the Pagani is more a raw supercar, like it needs to be.

If you want to look at your car, get the 918..if driving experience is the one, then the Pagani.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone here actually driven the 918 (or the pagani for that matter) to see how the hybrid system affects the experience? Everyone I've heard that has driven one, loved it and had nothing bad to say.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Scott Davis
Has anyone here actually driven the 918 (or the pagani for that matter) to see how the hybrid system affects the experience? Everyone I've heard that has driven one, loved it and had nothing bad to say.
...Exactly my thoughts.
The 918 is yet to be finished, the car is still under development but incredibly impressive as is. When you ride in the 918, you would not be able to tell it weighs as much as it does in any way (That's the porsche intelligence).
What is the point of complaining about what the car tip on scale if it really makes no compromise, or affect the dynamics in any way negative.
That being said, the Huayra's craftsmanship is still second to none, and that makes this incredibly difficult.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boyko23
918 is and will be benchmark in automotive history. Thousands of km of testing and all the Porsche R&D has nothing to do with another Italian kit car, made to sit in a garage.
Your kidding right.. to call a Pagani a "kit car" you must be delusional.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
I dont know how there's even comparison between a Pagani and a Porsche.... 918 is no match for the Huayra....

Last edited by exRockstar; 12-23-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by exRockstar
I dont know how there's even comparison between a Pagani and a Porsche.... 918 is no match for the Huayra....
I agree. The Pagani is ugly as sin and the 918 is beautiful. No compaison.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by exRockstar
Please elaborate

Thanks

Old 12-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scott Davis
I agree. The Pagani is ugly as sin and the 918 is beautiful. No compaison.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .. I think the OP likes both obviously.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Marc
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .. I think the OP likes both obviously.
No doubt. But the OP is asking for opinions on what to buy and since I have driven neither that's all I have to go on to form my opinion.

Quick Reply: Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)