Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove a GT3 for the first time....got let down

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Judging from OP's pictures, hes combating high elevation + polluted Taiwan air and poor fuel. Taiwan 98 octane is like US 90, and these high compression motors need to breath clean and drink well to perform. That GT3 prob making 30-40%+ less HP then it should be. Feel sorry for that engine.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ramius
Taiwan 98 octane is like US 90
where are you getting that info?

am not disagreeing, as I have no experience with Taiwan fuel.

i just know that here in the Philippines, our "100 octane" gas is roughly like US 93.

this is a rough estimate based on datalogs from some P-cars that were sent to some US tuners, and they said that it looked like what you would expect from US 93.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, I think it's a joke how ridiculous this thread is. I'm with Mark on this. I have a Turbo which has more power but for the track, I would without question pick a GT3/RS. It's just simply a better machine. I'd like to see this showdown between you two.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Venom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these partsVenom08 is infamous around these parts
A GT3 was never meant for drag racing or straight line speed. It's all about showing this bad boy corners and twisting roads. It's also a high revving engine so most of the power will be at the top of the rev counter, it's similar to the BMW M3 I guess where it's not so much about accelerations but the connection between the driver and the car and road. The GT3 is not a slow car by any means though...

Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Why is this thread still going ? Didn't we all agree that the OP has no clue what the fvck he's talking about ?

Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
^A long time ago...

Old 01-04-2012, 05:56 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinan
Why is this thread still going ? Didn't we all agree that the OP has no clue what the fvck he's talking about ?
because everyone has to give their Senf ab dazu

Old 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
CinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to all
Originally Posted by hesperus
where are you getting that info?

am not disagreeing, as I have no experience with Taiwan fuel.

i just know that here in the Philippines, our "100 octane" gas is roughly like US 93.

this is a rough estimate based on datalogs from some P-cars that were sent to some US tuners, and they said that it looked like what you would expect from US 93.
"Octane" rating is different between USA, Canada, and a few other countries vs. the rest of the world. See Measurement Methods in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating for more information. 100 in the Philippines and 98 in Taiwan is around 93 in the USA.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CinqueValvole
"Octane" rating is different between USA, Canada, and a few other countries vs. the rest of the world. See Measurement Methods in Octane rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for more information. 100 in the Philippines and 98 in Taiwan is around 93 in the USA.
thanks. yes, i'm familiar with the whole RON vs MON and AKI or whatever.

however, if you went just by that, than Philippines "100" should be equivalent to US 95, given that there's supposed to be 5 points difference.

but our "100" is only as good as US "93", which suggests of course that local oil companies here are exaggerating their claims.

so my question was more about how they determined the "real" quality of fuel in Taiwan.

sorry if i wasn't clear on my question

cheers!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
softarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura about
Gt3

If you want punch and handling then the GT2RS does it all. GT3RS4.0 is outstanding but does lack the power of a turbo. The power is far more manageable on a track or in the mountains than any GT2. I've owned a 996GT2 in addition to GT2RS and 4.0. The 996GT2 is a death trap (hence the widow maker moniker) because the high speed lift and relatively poor handling for so much power. It's almost as dangerous as my 650hp Z06 for the same reasons (but you have to love em all).