Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove a GT3 for the first time....got let down

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
i admit - i read this thread - why did i bother?

- chuck
Lol it's like an accident you just can't stop looking.

Johns since the car sucks so bad how about my lonely gt3 .1 vs your 599

45 minutes at Laguna Seca or Infineon?
I'm sure your expertise will prove how horrid the car is by blowing a car with 200hp less away?

Loser pays for the track time and dinner ?

Learn to drive these things and stop getting excited about straightline speed and you will then and only then know what a real car feels like.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Learn to drive these things and stop getting excited about straightline speed and you will then and only then know what a real car feels like.
Should I take this personal with my gaga'ness for GT2s and Turbos?

Old 12-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Should I take this personal with my gaga'ness for GT2s and Turbos?
Nope we know you have a screw loose

This guy gets car after car after car for one reason.

Remember it's the holidays so I am being nice. I can't complete the post.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
all he has to do is drive a prius and then hop in the 3 and it will crazy fast

Old 12-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MC321
996 GT2 vs 997.2 GT3RS

GT2 VS GT3RS Round 2 - YouTube

Real life vs how it feels
Curious how hot it was that day? Turbo Porsche's are useless in high heat regions, 10-20% power loss from the heatsoak.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure how hot it is.. but that's not the point.. the GT3RS is fast

Old 12-23-2011, 09:24 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
bam!!

Old 12-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MC321
Not sure how hot it is.. but that's not the point.. the GT3RS is fast
Agreed. I brought it up because in 30c+ outside temps, a GT2 or any turbo Porsche for that matter will heatsoak in a single 2-3 or 3-4 gear run, GT2 can see upwards of 80hp lost afterwards.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:02 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol it's like an accident you just can't stop looking.

Johns since the car sucks so bad how about my lonely gt3 .1 vs your 599

45 minutes at Laguna Seca or Infineon?
I'm sure your expertise will prove how horrid the car is by blowing a car with 200hp less away?

Loser pays for the track time and dinner ?
Can we please make this happen? And throw in Ronin and his canyon carving Lotus? I would love to see Mark own these guys on a track.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I have not driven a 997.1 3, only a 997.2 3rs and I was very very impressed with everything...even its acceleration. I was comparing it to a GT2 and TTS. All three cars seemed equally fast but the TTS seemed like it would be boring compared to the GT models. Even though I would not trade in my 2 for the 3RS, I would be very happy with either one. There is a little give and take from both of them, but just a little.

Quick Reply: Drove a GT3 for the first time....got let down