Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

First time you drove a Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
First time you drove a Ferrari

Do you guys remember the first time you got behind the wheels of a Ferrari? Then share your stories! I still remember mine as clear as yesterday. It was back in 2002 when I met up with a group of BMW enthusiasts who had all brought their M5's. One guy in particular, Dan aka Bobafett (on many forums back then), brought out his black Ferrari 550 Maranello. I remember standing there thinking "wow, this is gorgeous..." with my jaws dropped. My jaws dropped even further after Dan graciously offered me a chance to get behind the wheels. I had sat in another Ferrari 360 Spider in Azzuro California Blue a month prior to this day but hadn't had a chance to drive it.

I got in the 550, looked over everything before firing up all 12 cylinders. I remember the grin I had when I first heard the initial start-up going from a whimper to a roar! I drove her down the street with a grin from ear to ear the whole time. I gunned it as she howled down the street and back. Everyone said that they could hear me the whole time.

This, to me was the beginning of my F-car journey. One day, I knew that I would own one. And that day will come soon for me.

Azzuro California Blue 360 Spider...BLUE everywhere!

Even the steering wheel was blue...

Too bad I didn't get to drive it then

A month later, I got behind the wheel of this black 550

I couldn't stop grinning!

Time to focus

I'll never forget this car. It truly has a timeless look/feel. The proverbial old school Ferrari.

Share your stories with pictures if you have them, the first time you experienced driving a Ferrari.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:55 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread JT, well the first time I was in a Ferrari was back in 1984 (sorry no pics) when my Dad's friend stopped by in a new shiny red/tan 308 GTSi qv, and I always new from the second I saw it I was going to be a Ferrari lover for life.

The first time I actually drove one was back in 1993 when a friend tossed me the keys to a white 348ts (sorry again no pics) and I was impressed but not as much as I thought I would be.

Later that year I got a chance to drive a 512TR and that made me a believer again!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I think we need a first time you've purchased a ferrari thread over here.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Still waiting... I've been in a few, but never behind the wheel. I will soon enough.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
This.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Good lord that's gorgeous! Perfect 355 imo.

My first time was with a 360 Spider last summer. I remember being super nervous when I first got in it and really wondering what I was getting myself into. Didn't get to drive it for more than 10-15 min but it was a lot of fun. Not quite as fast as I thought it'd be, but then again, I hopped out of a 16M about 45 min prior to driving the 360, and had also driven a 997 GT2 shortly before.

About 10 min after I drove the 360, I drove a '91 Testarossa and it felt like driving an old Ford F150 but lower to the ground.

Let's see... I drove a 612 Scag last summer too. It was smooth and fast when I got on it but nothing really stood out. I never pushed it hard and it was just a quick little spin around the block anyway.

Oh, and since we're posting pics, all 3 Ferraris I drove are in this photo:

Last edited by Alzilla; 07-13-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
I was in Maranello, Italy, we were checking out the area and saw the little shop with the two cars on the brick plateau.
We went in and there was a sign saying that we could test drive them for 100 euros. It may have been a tad expensive but i was sold instantly.
Got to go on a 15 min blast through Maranello in an F430 Spider. That was the first time I had ever driven in a foreign country. 18 years old none the less.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
still waiting...

Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I've only sat in a 355 (a TS member BTW) at work one time... Still would like to drive one, but haven't made it past "the velvet rope" at my local dealership. Maserati, no problem, but no Fezza yet.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I got to drive my first Ferrari last fall when the owner of the dealership I work at handed me and a fellow salesman the keys to his F430.

Didn't drive too far but loved every second of it. The sound and feeling experience was something I believe only Ferrari can deliver

here's a pic from that night:

Last edited by .:Raul; 07-13-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: First time you drove a Ferrari