Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by marakji
There cannot be an LE of such two close models...
Exactly,
only RS will be LE with a 4.0L

Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Actually I just got confirmation that there will be a regular LE 997 as well. No RS, not even a GT3, just 997 Carrera LE.

It will evidently come with the Cayman front lip as its main selling point. Can't wait to see it at Geneva.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jox
Actually I just got confirmation that there will be a regular LE 997 as well. No RS, not even a GT3, just 997 Carrera LE.

It will evidently come with the Cayman front lip as its main selling point. Can't wait to see it at Geneva.
Yes, your dealer was probably referring to the Carrera 997 Black Edition which has beem already officially offered to all POD and will be available during 2011.
There are roumors about a Carrera 997 Silver Edition too...

Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ressy
Yes, your dealer was probably referring to the Carrera 997 Black Edition which has beem already officially offered to all POD and will be available during 2011.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
let's put it this way, i asked my dealer for a confirmation if the RS LE will be at Geneva, so that i make arrangements and be there for the showing, and he'll have to get back to me soon with a YES or NO, and you'll hear it first HERE

Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
No, he specifically said this would be a different variant altogether - it will supposedly feel a little more agile than the Black Edition while turning left but not much different from the Black in a straight line.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
let's put it this way, i asked my dealer for a confirmation if the RS LE will be at Geneva, so that i make arrangements and be there for the showing, and he'll have to get back to me soon with a YES or NO, and you'll hear it first HERE
Looking farward to his answer... we might meet in Geneva!

Old 02-03-2011, 05:50 AM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jox

Sorry Jox, but u r wrong on this info !!
The one u r talking about is the new Carrera Black Edition ...
The GT3 RS 4.0 LE is confirmed, and expected after Geneva Motor Show

Old 02-03-2011, 05:52 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
ha.ha

Old 02-03-2011, 05:56 AM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

This is CONFIRMED my dear ... The car will be in production right after Geneva
I'm very very sure of this ... & will expect to see one by latest May this year ....

Source of info: P.A.G through their regional office PME

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!