Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
How much hp does everyone think it will get total if it does have KERS, which judging on the spy shots, I'm sure it will.

I just thought of something. If it has 500hp, and you use KERS at launch, imagine how fast that 0-60 would be.
how are you so sure that those spy shots are of the GT3 RS Special edition...

Old 09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
I think those may have been spy shots of the GT3 Hybrid...

Attached Images   

Last edited by GeoffJr@Isringhausen; 09-20-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
this was my assumption as well good sir!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
I'm not sure. But what else would they be of? I've always wondered, and this is the first speculation to put the pictures too.

Since the spy shots have the same rear bodywork of the GT3 R (which has a 4.0 engine), there is an extremely high possibility that it is this "GT3 RS SE".

Also, since the Paris Autoshow is in 2 weeks, my guess is that we'll see a Speedster next week, and that Porsche will 'pull a 918' and unveil this GT3 SE the day of the show. (That is if they're planning a Paris reveal).

Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen

Yes, but the spyshots are in street spec (no flares, not very low, dif. spoiler etc.) , and Porsche tested the GT3 R Hybrid in house. Plus, these photos were taken after the GT3 R Hybrid's release.

Last edited by Carrera; 09-20-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
These articles are referring to that car as the street version GT3 Hybrid, but who knows you might be right.

Spied: 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 Hybrid

Spyshots: Porsche 911 GT3 Hybrid Prototype - GTSPIRIT.COM

Old 09-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
If you look closely the venting ont the top of the rear fender is identical to the Hybrid

Old 09-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to see it happen but its not a smart move by PAG, imho...
The gt and rs clients are your hardcore fans and the ones who believe in Porsche and its racing / engineering philosophy. These are the ones that will be the most disappointed if this sees the light of day. The GT3mkII, GT3RS, and GT2RS owners will flip!!!

Porsche cannot afford to anger these guys... they changes the whole idea of the Turbo S due to loyal clients disappointment. Even though these guys were after the turbo s for its collector aspect they did not like the short life.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
juancooldude is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2011 GT3 RS was my first ever Porsche. Sadly, it will be my last Porsche if this "special edition" is released.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by juancooldude
My 2011 GT3 RS was my first ever Porsche. Sadly, it will be my last Porsche if this "special edition" is released.
You must concede that these are the days of the 'newest, greatest, best- just around the corner'. Otherwise just forget driving anything, aside a Bugatti or some other SUPER low production car.

Instead of worrying about whats around the corner; just enjoy your gorgeous RS in great health. Remember, you're driving a bench mark car. Even if this car ever gets produced, more than likely the 450 n/a RS is more car then you could ever imagine.

keep things in perspective and drive it like you stole it! cheers!

Old 09-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
juancooldude is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Instead of worrying about whats around the corner; just enjoy your gorgeous RS in great health. Remember, you're driving a bench mark car. Even if this car ever gets produced, more than likely the 450 n/a RS is more car then you could ever imagine.
Thanks for the encouraging words but I would venture to say that most of the folks who buy the GT2/3 "RS" are buying them for exclusivity and collectability. If driving was the main reason, we would have bought the base GT3 as that is more car than most "RS" owners can handle. I would venture to guess that most of us paid the extra $25K for the "RS" over the GT3 not for the 15 extra HP, but also/mainly because it was the best GT3 variant.

I understand that there will always be something newer and better, but releasing a "better" edition of a car within year of launching the current edition is a bad business model for a car company. Anger your current/loyal owners for the quick but limited profit...not good.

Coincidentally, I was within a week of securing a GT2 RS order. Not any more...

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!