Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
If this car does have the 4.0 liter from the RSR, They should just call it the GT2 for the class the motor was designed to compete in. It would make more sense. What's the point of having a car named GT3 (RSR) in the GT2 category given there own GT3RS is already in the GT3 class. What is even more silly is their car with the GT2 moniker isn't even in the series to begin with.

Last edited by s4awd; 04-21-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stickshift
I was informed by the sales director of my Porsche dealer yesterday, that the press release of the GT3 RS Special Edition will take place on April, 29th 2011.
So he read this thread and still missed the April 28th rumor?

Porsche will announce the car in Sept at Frankfurt side by side with the 998/991. Final tribute to the 997 and a welcome to the new 911. Both in Germany where it should be.

April announce just doesn't fit.

Last edited by BBTurbo; 04-21-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by s4awd
If this car does have the 4.0 liter from the RSR, They should just call it the GT2 for the class the motor was designed to compete in. It would make more sense. What's the point of having a car named GT3 (RSR) in the GT2 category given there own GT3RS is already in the GT3 class. What is even more silly is their car with the GT2 moniker isn't even in the series to begin with.
The 911 GT2 has become a tradition. Whether it races or not, it has RWD and twin turbochargers, and always tops the 911 range. Porsche doesn't race this car in the GT2 class because of the turbochargers, which are forbidden in current GT racing. So, it makes sense to race a GT3 in the GT2 class because the GT3 is the ultimate NA track car.

The production GT2 would basically be a GT3 if it didn't have the turbochargers, so why sell two of the same exact cars, one being called the GT3 so it can race in GT3, and one called the GT2 so it can race in GT2. It just makes so much more sense to keep the GT2 a turbocharged tradition, and to make various racing versions of the GT3.

That was hard to explain.

Last edited by Carrera; 04-21-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
So he read this thread and still missed the April 28th rumor?

Porsche will announce the car in Sept at Frankfurt side by side with the 998/991. Final tribute to the 997 and a welcome to the new 911. Both in Germany where it should be.

April announce just doesn't fit.
If this thread goes on til September I may gouge my eyes out

Old 04-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah honestly I cant imagine/handle the rumors that will fly around if this is dragged out till september, please porsche teamspeed exclusive April launch that's not asking much!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:14 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
if this thread goes on til september i may gouge my eyes out
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like this thread could use some bare nipple pics...

Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
agree with el jc

Old 04-21-2011, 11:31 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
If this thread goes on til September I may gouge my eyes out
If this thread goes on until tomorrow I may punch myself in the ding ding. 130 pages, 1294 posts, Sheesh

Last edited by Brobbins016; 04-21-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JC919
I feel like this thread could use some bare nipple pics...
++1

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!