Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sayyar
I got myself a 2011 GT3 RS which got delivered just a couple of months back......
After hearing all these Roamers about the limited edition RS. i have communicated this issue to the Porsche dealer explaining to them how Pissed off it will make me feel, knowing that i would get t he Limited Edition....

In SUM, there will not be any limited edition!
No CURRENT plans and as of today NO FUTURE plans!

This has been backed and confirmed to me by the local dealer through Porsche Germany.

Oo this car is coming...

Old 10-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sayyar is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by hattawi
I think this car is coming... Never there was a smoke without fire.. somebody saw something from Porsche

We all feel like that when we buy new Porsches and then a newer/better versions come.. I booked a GT3 when it was first announced, when the RS was announced I said shall I cancel and buy the RS?! when the Turbo was announced later on I decided to keep the GT3 as if I kept waiting I would never drive one... Nothin is perfect, just live with what you have.

I guess I was miss-understood!
I got nothing against, a LE RS.... nothing at all.... all I'm saying is that its not like the car is coming to the market in 9-12 months!

that's it! let there be an LE RS.... let there be an RSR
let there be super man edition Porsche.... no problem at all.... all i was trying to say is that as of NOW.... there is no official plans to launch the LE RS!

In October 2009, when I went to place my order on my RS, i was informed by the dealer that they DO HAVE 1 CONFIRMED GT2 RS.. and that they are pushing for a second one... but I did go for what I always been dreaming of, an RS.
same thing happened with the Carrera GTS.... the new 918....

AGAIN nothing about the car.... I'm extremely happy with the RS the way it is now....

it will take time until an official statement comes out... as of now and for (at least) the next 9 months... nothing is true about the story...

I hope it happen though..

Old 10-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
Condor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
One thing people keep missing on the current RS. It's not a limited edition. I was at the factory last month and they're still pumping them out like crazy. You bought a more track ready version of the GT3, that's it. Porsche has no obligation to you if they decide to release a true limited edition RS next year.
It's a different car. If you always wait for the next gen, next upgrade or next version, you would never buy a car. Are 2011 Turbo buyers supposed to be PO'd because Porsche announced the Turbo S after they bought? Are C4S Cab buyers supposed to be PO'd because Porsche announced the Speedster?

Publicly, Porsche Germany will deny the existence of an RS LE until the press release comes out. They have too. From the inside out, many of us have been told the opposite. I'm one of the believers. Porsche will release an LE version of the GT3RS as a special tribute to the last 997 RS. It will have the 4.0 Liter Engine, it will make between 485 and 505 hp. It will be offered in wild color schemes. Less than 150 will come to the US. It will be an instant sell out. Would you really have held out an extra year and spent over $200k for the LE if you had the option? Would your dealer even been able to get you one? This will be just like the GT2RS. Not every dealer gets one. Not every buyer that wants one will get one. My dealer had one GT2RS AND 3 buyers in a small market.

Depending on the LE Spec, I may buy one, but prior knowledge definitely would not have prevented me from buying my RS and I won't be ticked off at Porsche for making an RS LE.
I think that most guys are confusing limited edition with exclusive.

The GT3 RS is not a limited edition as LE vehicles carry a certain number of production from the outset. Where as the GT3 RS will be factory built to cope with as many orders as they can.

On the other hand, I used to think that my GT3 RS was exclusive. I guess if this new model comes out, it certainly won't be exclusive anymore.....

Old 10-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sayyar
In SUM, there will not be any limited edition!
No CURRENT plans and as of today NO FUTURE plans!

This has been backed and confirmed to me by the local dealer through Porsche Germany.
care to put money on that my friend?

its coming. trust me

(now having said that, if i were in your position, i would also be royally pissed... but it is what it is...)

Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Teamspeed Member
jwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=hesperus;737673]care to put money on that my friend?

i ALREADY HAVE Its coming, sooner rather then later i bet

Old 10-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wurlie
Fair point, but to take it further, can one tell the difference between a GT3 and an RS? Very few of us can exceed limits of a GT3, yet we still covet the RS.

Best, w
Agree with you. I haven't driven a .2GT3, but a better driver in a GT3 had passed me in my RS, so I predict that I probably can't tell the difference.

Having said that, I think there is enough differences in the .2GT3 vs RS that I can justify the price difference to go for the RS, a car that I predict I will keep for a long time.

It is sort of arguing whether to get a regular 997 vs a 997S. To most people, they feel the extra cost on the S is justifiable, even though we all know they perform very similarly.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
wurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to all
Fully agree - the point was that the differences between the models are all intangible in the actual use of the cars, it is all about emotion, feeling of exclusivity, perceived closeness to a "real" racer etc.
Porsche is good at exploiting our emotions. Good for them, I say, it is their business.
Best, w

EDIT: Forgot to say, my dealer also confirmed the new RS with 4L engine and ~500bhp.

Last edited by wurlie; 10-19-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
NelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wurlie
Fully agree - the point was that the differences between the models are all intangible in the actual use of the cars, it is all about emotion, feeling of exclusivity, perceived closeness to a "real" racer etc.
Porsche is good at exploiting our emotions. Good for them, I say, it is their business.
Best, w

EDIT: Forgot to say, my dealer also confirmed the new RS with 4L engine and ~500bhp.
So for those who have already purchased a 3.8RS without knowing there would be an LE version with 4.0 and if they did, would have waited to purschase the upgrade, take your lumps. Thanks!

Old 10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
jwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NelsonF
So for those who have already purchased a 3.8RS without knowing there would be an LE version with 4.0 and if they did, would have waited to purschase the upgrade, take your lumps. Thanks!

Same could be said for gt3 and gt3.1 RS buys when the gt3.2 RS came out and the turbo buyers when the turbo s came out or the cab buyers when the speedster came out and so on and so on. They will always come out with new models

Last edited by jwm8375; 10-19-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
NelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jwm8375
Same couls be said for gt3 and gt3.1 RS buys when the gt3.2 RS came out and the turbo buyers when the turbo s came out or the cab buyers when the speedster came out and so on and so on. They will always come out with new models

True, and Porsche can always do what they want. We just have not seen 2 variations of the same 3RS model in the same year. Im guessing this LE version will be a 4.0 version of the 2011 3.8RS as 2012 will begin intro of the 991 versions. I suppose they can still market the LE as 2012 997 version in combo with the 991 intro? Either way, those that purchased the 3.8 thinking it was the last 3RS iteration and would have opted for the LE if they knew prior, are SOL-Thats if the LE actually happens of course since nothing is official yet.

and similar sentiments from the Rennlist forum:

superquant
Addict
Rennlist Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizer
Porsche is not helping by sending a Limited Edition 4.0 RS down the pipeline before even clearing the new "limited edition" RS off the showroom floors...

I call that 'try to squeeze every dime out of your existing product line while not worrying about your existing clients'. Its going to take a miracle to get me back into a new porsche showroom the next time ..

Last edited by NelsonF; 10-19-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: add on

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!