Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011 | 09:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Delayed satisfaction my friends

Old 04-21-2011 | 10:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCay
Porsche AG are probably reading this thread and wondering wtf we're all smoking.
No there reading this and figuring they can make 4 different versions of this "RSR" now after all the damn buzz lol.

Old 04-21-2011 | 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
jwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 997 GT3
I have same information!

Same here!

Here is my main problem with the LE, the $200k price point. I am not sure that i wouldnt prefer to spend $200k on a regular GT3 AND a cup car??????

Old 04-21-2011 | 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by jwm8375
Same here!

Here is my main problem with the LE, the $200k price point. I am not sure that i wouldnt prefer to spend $200k on a regular GT3 AND a cup car??????
So basically it's $1,000 per bhp over a regular GT3... hahaha

Old 04-21-2011 | 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Stickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by marakji
So basically it's $1,000 per bhp over a regular GT3... hahaha
The additional engine-power is helpful and the better engine-sound pleasing. Nevertheless I am more interested in improvements regarding lateral-acceleration, weight-savings, suspension, downforce, brake-cooling, etc.

That's what the GT3 RS is renowned for. It's definitely no car for drag racing.

Old 04-21-2011 | 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
jwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura about
the only real reason for this car in my opinion is for the exclusiveness. If a fast bad ass track car is what you want, then you could get a cup car for a lot cheaper, if a fast street/track car is what you want then you could get a 3.9 package from Sharkwerks for a lot cheaper. With that being said i will probably still want my LE 4.0 lol. But logically there is no reason to buy one unless you really want the exclusiveness

Old 04-21-2011 | 02:45 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by A430v
Might it happen tmr? Or is everything setup already?... If all the cars are in place, don't see it happening.
No 4.0 here promise you this.

Old 04-21-2011 | 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Stickshift
The additional engine-power is helpful and the better engine-sound pleasing. Nevertheless I am more interested in improvements regarding lateral-acceleration, weight-savings, suspension, downforce, brake-cooling, etc.

That's what the GT3 RS is renowned for. It's definitely no car for drag racing.
The current RS will deliver more than most of us can handle on public roads, even the exclusivity...

Old 04-21-2011 | 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
The current RS will deliver more than most of us can handle on public roads, even the exclusivity...
Not even. Outside of the race track, I don't think I've ever seen a 997.2 GT3 out on public roads and have never seen a 997.1 RS in the tri state area.

Old 04-21-2011 | 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Stickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jwm8375
the only real reason for this car in my opinion is for the exclusiveness. If a fast bad ass track car is what you want, then you could get a cup car for a lot cheaper, if a fast street/track car is what you want then you could get a 3.9 package from Sharkwerks for a lot cheaper. With that being said i will probably still want my LE 4.0 lol. But logically there is no reason to buy one unless you really want the exclusiveness
I agree with you in principle, but if you intend to get your car substancially tuned it is advisable that you live in the vicinity of a competent tuner. Heavy track use results in frequent car maintenances, and the average Porsche dealer won't
help you with these modifications.

Besides, in my experience it is much harder to resell a heavily tuned car for an adequate price. I am quite sure the LE will not suffer from a high depreciation.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!