Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead battery CGT - how to get access to battery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
This thread is golden.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Donnie
Got into the car - using the key DOH!!!!

the alarm went off

strange cause I thought the battery was dead.

The key fob then turned off the alarm OK and the car started normally

so

it looks like it was just the alarm acting up and not opening the door when the fob was pressed. I hadnt left the lights on it seems... Now its all fine and alarm is behaving

strange

thanks for advice...especially to use a key to open the door!!!!!
Classic

Glad you got in the old fashion way

Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
I cant believe nobody posted this. IF the battery is dead, you CAN NOT access it because the engine hatch is battery powered to open it. You have to get under the stearing wheel and into the fuse box and pull down the jump fuse and hook jumper cables up to that to give it enough juice to open the latch. THEN use the jumpy port in the engine compartment and ground it to the tab on the tranny.

It is ALL in the owners manual btw for those that can read

Old 09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
DM1
Teamspeed Senior Member
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
You can also plug a battery charger into the cigarette lighter located in the glove box and give it enough power to open the rear hatch.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Another good habit: If you're putting the beast down for a while, pop the engine cover open. Put a towel over the latch and gently lower the engine cover -- leaving it unlatched. That way, if the charger comes out (or the relay pops in the AC wall outlet) and the battery goes dead, you can still access the terminals with a charger. (Charger in the cigarette lighter to open engine hatch doesn't always work -- or didn't for me.)

Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
I had a battery go flat as well....only way to jump battery was to access fuse panel under left side of driver side footwell, pull down terminal (orange fuse looking thingy ) and place positive on that and negative on drivers side door hinge. This gives enough juice to pop the rear cover. Then, you can locate the positive battery terminal on the passenger side of the engine compartment and locate a negative point on the transmission housing...

Not the most user friendly procedure at 10pm on the side of the road

Old 09-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RufMD
I had a battery go flat as well....only way to jump battery was to access fuse panel under left side of driver side footwell, pull down terminal (orange fuse looking thingy ) and place positive on that and negative on drivers side door hinge. This gives enough juice to pop the rear cover. Then, you can locate the positive battery terminal on the passenger side of the engine compartment and locate a negative point on the transmission housing...

Not the most user friendly procedure at 10pm on the side of the road
thats what I just said.....

only mine was at 11pm to 2am lol
its was fun worring about the top in the front trunk as rain was rolling in and the freaking realease is ALSO battery powered.
porsche FAIL!!

funny thing was the night I got my car and saw both were battery powered I remarked how it was "the dumbest thing Ive ever seen" Who knew not even 6 months later it would prove why it was the stupidest idea for a car latch ever

Old 09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Auctung
thats what I just said.....

only mine was at 11pm to 2am lol
its was fun worring about the top in the front trunk as rain was rolling in and the freaking realease is ALSO battery powered.
porsche FAIL!!

funny thing was the night I got my car and saw both were battery powered I remarked how it was "the dumbest thing Ive ever seen" Who knew not even 6 months later it would prove why it was the stupidest idea for a car latch ever
haha, poor plan to say the least. Still, I think I'll keep it