Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

Urgent Help Needed Regarding Opening of Boot on 07 GTC (Dead Battery)....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Urgent Help Needed Regarding Opening of Boot on 07 GTC (Dead Battery)....

Hello,
BOTH batteries (in boot) are almost completely dead.
When I turn key to left two clicks (vs. normal right) to engage starter emergency battery - the car does nothing. However, lights work and soft close works on doors. Also, the key is now literally stuck in ignition and will not release.
I read all manuals thoroughly, and they state how to jump both batteries with another car pulled up at the rear of Bentley. However, they make absolutely NO mention of how to get the boot open !! Of course it is electronic and neither the switch on driver door, key, or big B on decklid will open the trunk. I have looked under the hood for a terminal post to draw power from, to no avail. I know the 996 Porsche's have a post on driver footwell near fuse box to open hood for access to battery when dead, since that release is electronic too....
I need this started tomorrow AM, please help !!
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond repute
No idea of Bentley, but usually cars can be charged thru the cigaretelighter since the cigarettelighter goes straight to battery, that way you get so much juice that you get the trunk open and can then procede from there. This is used in many cars with battery behind electric hatches, as Ferrari, BMW etc.

But have you called a Bentley mechanic? Pretty sure they can help you out.

Usually cars with electronic hatches also have a mechanical wire or something so that you can pop open the hatch mechanically.