Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead battery CGT - how to get access to battery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by burnzie
Ya know that just might work!
I havent opened a car door with a key....ever in my life I think!

No - I must have done....I had a 1972 mini as my first car - that had a key!!

The world will collapse if the internet is destroyed!

Old 08-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
LOL, I have at least one person call me a month and tell me they cant get into their car because the remote is dead. I simply tell them to put the thin end of the key in the hole near the handle.....typically i hear a holy sh!t in the background. Then they come back to the phone and thank me for my help. After I hang up the phone I just wonder how........

Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erazer72
LOL, I have at least one person call me a month and tell me they cant get into their car because the remote is dead. I simply tell them to put the thin end of the key in the hole near the handle.....typically i hear a holy sh!t in the background. Then they come back to the phone and thank me for my help. After I hang up the phone I just wonder how........
haha, so funny.

many cars have electronic keys at the ignition now. i hate that. i once got stranded since the remote broke and the ignition is electronic. good thing porsche, ferrari, lambo and others still have a physical electronic ignition key. MB and Lexus doesn't..

Old 08-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
^^Our bimmer key has the same concept but has an actual key inside of the fob that you can take out in case the battery runs out or something. It's really the best of both worlds.

Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RaminGTI20 is on a distinguished roadRaminGTI20 is on a distinguished road
i cant be of any help, but this happend to my friend in his turbo and it had to be towed to the dealer. id like to know how this works out

Old 08-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Got into the car - using the key DOH!!!!

the alarm went off

strange cause I thought the battery was dead.

The key fob then turned off the alarm OK and the car started normally

so

it looks like it was just the alarm acting up and not opening the door when the fob was pressed. I hadnt left the lights on it seems... Now its all fine and alarm is behaving

strange

thanks for advice...especially to use a key to open the door!!!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 11:50 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
After a cgt sits locked for long periods of time it goes into a hibernation type mode. You can only open it through the key, than immediately sleeping into ignition or the alarm will go off. So no the alarm was not acting up. The beast was just sleeping.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:51 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Immediately put the key into the ignition...

Old 08-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ah didn't knOw that, thx

Old 08-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by J_5
I had an official porsche trickle charger blow my fuses on my carrera gt too
Didn't know you had a CGT too.

Did you end up with a DB9 in the end?

Quick Reply: Dead battery CGT - how to get access to battery?