Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead battery CGT - how to get access to battery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I would charge it overnight. I had someone fry my fuses on another unrelated car whilst trying to jump it.

Better safe than sorry IMO.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:40 AM
J_5
Teamspeed Rookie
J_5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mike S
I would charge it overnight. I had someone fry my fuses on another unrelated car whilst trying to jump it.

Better safe than sorry IMO.
I had an official porsche trickle charger blow my fuses on my carrera gt too

Old 08-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
At least that will be covered by warranty

Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Hi guys

thanks for the advice

In the picture I cant see the engine bay release. Your saying its in the wheel-well or that's for other porsches?

thx

Old 08-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
The battery is located in front on the pass rear wheel. Not a easy task to replace. I have had great luck with the supplied trickle charger from Porsche. I would leave it in the lighter assembly for 24 hours when try popping the engine cover to gain access to the jumper posts. Just keep on mind that its a battery maintainer not a charger. It wont bring a battery back to life. I think it only provides a .5 amp charge. Once you gain access to the jumper points you can use a 2-5 amp battery charger.
If your having issues getting the cover open you could use a male to male cig lighter adapter from a portable jump pack to the cig lighter assy, that will work for sure.
Good luck!!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Sorry I have probably been unclear - I need to gain access to the CAR not really too bothered about the battery

the whole car is locked down - cant open - the alarm is dead the key fob doesnt open the car

Anyone know the specifics of getting access?

thanks

Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
sounds silly, but, put the key in the driver door lock and turn it counter clockwise two times(1/4 turns). There is a key hole.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erazer72
The battery is located in front on the pass rear wheel. Not a easy task to replace. I have had great luck with the supplied trickle charger from Porsche. I would leave it in the lighter assembly for 24 hours when try popping the engine cover to gain access to the jumper posts. Just keep on mind that its a battery maintainer not a charger. It wont bring a battery back to life. I think it only provides a .5 amp charge. Once you gain access to the jumper points you can use a 2-5 amp battery charger.
If your having issues getting the cover open you could use a male to male cig lighter adapter from a portable jump pack to the cig lighter assy, that will work for sure.
Good luck!!
I was going to say the same thing... One died on a buddy of mine(dead cell)... Had to remove the wheel and a bunch of carbon behind the wheel... Did it on the side of a road in the dirt as the car wouldnt move.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erazer72
sounds silly, but, put the key in the driver door lock and turn it counter clockwise two times(1/4 turns). There is a key hole.
Ya know that just might work!

Old 08-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Is the window down?

Quick Reply: Dead battery CGT - how to get access to battery?