Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

4S Battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
4S Battery

Who else has a 4S that is just draining your battery?

Old 12-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If you update to firmware 5.0.1 it has better battery performance

Old 12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Mine was bad for the first few days but got better after a few power cycles. I also make sure I close any apps I'm not using.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
I have the most recent firmware. I'm not the best at closing apps but I've been trying to recently. Doesn't seem to help. It's pretty annoying how fast this charge dies! Luckily I have a 2nd iPhone.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have Siri turned on? I disabled Siri and that iTunes ping thing and it's been a lot better.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
By closing apps do you mean going into multitasking and deleting the apps from there or turn off wi-fi or bluetooth brightness when they aren't being used.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute
Apparently, you can get the battery boost magic app that can extend the life of your iPhone. Currently don't have it, but it has gotten good reviews.

If you don't want to spend a buck, you can turn your iPhone on airplane mode, which turns off your 3G/wifi. It can be accessed in settings. I use it a lot for skiing, since the slopes don't have any service access.

Last edited by SATURN_rob; 01-16-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
I have the most recent firmware. I'm not the best at closing apps but I've been trying to recently. Doesn't seem to help. It's pretty annoying how fast this charge dies! Luckily I have a 2nd iPhone.
You can always look into a Mophie case. That's what I have and it works great as a secondary battery. This way you don't need to use another phone. Just make sure that you're not charging your battery until it's completely dead. This usually is the best way to keep the battery performance at it's peak.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I've had mind for about about 16 months (my 4G) and am just now noticing the batter is wearing down quicker.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by domesticdemon
Just make sure that you're not charging your battery until it's completely dead. This usually is the best way to keep the battery performance at it's peak.
This is the best way to kill your iPhone battery. Lithium polymer/ion batteries do not like to go below 20% very often. Making sure that you don't let your battery get too low too often is actually the best way to keep it healthy.

That said, regardless of what you do your iPhone battery life isn't going to be very good if you use the phone heavily, just the nature of the beast really.

Quick Reply: 4S Battery