Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT clutch

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010 | 01:14 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
I had no idea we had so many CGT's on the forum. Very interested to see pictures of the car and your replacement. I've just got a 911 but the Porsche dealers have always been pretty fair to me, so I find it strange that as an owner of one of their most expensive super-cars you have such difficulties with service. Maybe it's time to find a new dealer or contact Porsche directly if there are such large difficulties.

Sorry for your hardships

Old 02-20-2010 | 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Exactly. I'll stop complaining about the $150 oil changes for my Crossfire...
do it yourself you lazy ass, sounds like your getting raped! I took my old Z06 to the dealer one time for an oil change becasue I thought it was eating oil and they had to have it on record that the oil was changed correctly. IT only cost me 80.00 for 6qts of 5w20 fully synt. mobile 1

Old 02-20-2010 | 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Yea Al, I thoght you were paying a lot too. For mobil1 full syn and filter it costs me like 50 max with filter. I do go get the oil myself though.

Old 02-20-2010 | 01:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
do it yourself you lazy ass, sounds like your getting raped! I took my old Z06 to the dealer one time for an oil change becasue I thought it was eating oil and they had to have it on record that the oil was changed correctly. IT only cost me 80.00 for 6qts of 5w20 fully synt. mobile 1
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Yea Al, I thoght you were paying a lot too. For mobil1 full syn and filter it costs me like 50 max with filter. I do go get the oil myself though.
Yeah yeah yeah... I couldn't find the oil at any of the 4 auto parts stores I went to and the parts department at the dealership is closed on weekends so I just said "to hell with it" and brought it in. I'll definitely do it myself this Spring when the weather is better and I can plan ahead a bit more though.

Old 02-20-2010 | 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
oh, and you can email me the pics at tubistylef1@yahoo.com also and Ill post them. we all wanna see it!

Old 02-20-2010 | 03:12 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sal
I had no idea we had so many CGT's on the forum. Very interested to see pictures of the car and your replacement. I've just got a 911 but the Porsche dealers have always been pretty fair to me, so I find it strange that as an owner of one of their most expensive super-cars you have such difficulties with service. Maybe it's time to find a new dealer or contact Porsche directly if there are such large difficulties.

Sorry for your hardships

no kidding, they are the only dealer in town and theres only 2 in the state

I think Ill just take it to the guy that works on my Lambo and alot of other Ferraris, Lambos, and Porsches in town. Used to be an IRL crew chief and in F1 too, so street cars are nothing to him
Hes the one that helped me get the clutch for so cheap too

and the dealer charges me $11/qt for oil, f' that shit, next time Im buying the oil myself!!