Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT clutch

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010 | 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
adamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud of
ouch! ... thats an expensive clutch ...

Old 02-15-2010 | 06:06 PM
fabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond repute
We do offer an upgrade over the stock clutch..

email or call to discuss.

Old 02-16-2010 | 06:58 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
I ended up buying a new one for a great deal at "only" $10,500 and I send my old one back to them. Sachs is doing it. They wont deal with me personally cause of f*cking Porsche, so I get to spend a few grand extra on the middle man.
Called Porsche and got my case handled by "the head office" only to essentialy get told to go piss up a rope since I wasnt the orginal owner. Funny how the techs found no sign of any premature wear from their failure to have the shield in place or where the seal fails (which is why they have a f*cking campaign on it!!!) and allows dirt to prevent the clutch lever from completetly releasing, but they wanted to say it was probualy from the previous owners abuse. When we took the clutch apart you could see every weave of the two CF plates (no glazing!!) and none of the rivited on puck material was excessively worn, broke, chipped, etc in any way.

So they build a shit product, are aware of it, set up a campaign cause of it, then tell you to go f*ck yourself when their shit fails.

Congratulations Porsche, you just assured that the Carrera GT is the first and last car I will ever buy from you, f*ck off

I think just for shits an giggles Ill try and sue them in small claims court. I know I got a very slim shot at winning, but all I got to lose is the $85 filing fee. They can waste some time coming out here to defend themselves against me, or just take the cheap (and honorable) way out and pay for some of it

Ferrari treats clients like shit and I wont even consider dealing with them, Lamborghini from my experience, and friends, does too, and now from my experience and LOTS of friends Porsche is full of dirt bags too. Whos left?
Pagani?

I miss my NSX, NEVER EVER EVER broke and was a pleasure to deal with Acura/Honda people

Old 02-16-2010 | 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Surprised to hear about your difficulties. This is one car I would have figured Porsche would try to be very accommodating with regardless if you were the original owner or not. I hope I do not run into a similar problem.

Old 02-17-2010 | 04:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised you've had this problem. I've had many items covered under goodwill outside of warranty and I'm the second owner. The only requirement is that the car has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturers schedule.

Old 02-17-2010 | 12:41 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 993rsr
I'm surprised you've had this problem. I've had many items covered under goodwill outside of warranty and I'm the second owner. The only requirement is that the car has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturers schedule.
sad thing is Porsche has about 8k in the clutch from Sachs, they could have very easily just met me half way and sold it to me for 4k and donw the right thing, instead they are assholes and want to make things difficult when its their fault to begin with.

I got pics of the clutch apart, theres NO signs of anykind of abuse, yet thats all they could manage to come up with as to why it could possibly be worn out.

Old 02-20-2010 | 11:10 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
Picked up the clutch yesterday, funny thing was it came packaged from Porsche NA. So you cant buy dirrectly from Sachs to go around Porsche, but its ok with Porsche to go around the dealer and buy through PNA, nice.

$10k from PNA sure beats $17k from the dealer though

I now got 31mm and all its overpriced glory

Old 02-20-2010 | 11:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I am the original owner of my C-GT and it has been out of warranty for a few months and the dealer did goodwill most of my alternator replacement. My car has 10k on the odometer with no clutch problems whatsoever. Only problems I have had with the car is replacing the CD changer...3 TIMES!!!

Old 02-20-2010 | 11:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
I am the original owner of my C-GT and it has been out of warranty for a few months and the dealer did goodwill most of my alternator replacement. My car has 10k on the odometer with no clutch problems whatsoever. Only problems I have had with the car is replacing the CD changer...3 TIMES!!!

That is the price you pay for listening to your CDs in the CGT!

Old 02-20-2010 | 01:01 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
^lol
took me 2 weeks to find the CD player in the car
thats cause you got a good dealer

and you got an 05, so you shouldnt have to worry about the clutch, I dont have to now, upgrade yo!

Quick Reply: CGT clutch