Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT clutch

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010 | 01:34 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
CGT clutch

my local dealer has my engine out to do the 4 year service, valve adjustment, and replace the 04 clutch fork thingy with the 05 and says my clutch is near the recomended replacment point. I bought the car with 6800 miles and 29.6mm and now its has 9110. I dont slip or ride or any of that shit, in fact this is probualy the easiest clutch to use in any car ever, so I am VERY supicious of this.

1. is the replacment point 27 or 28mm?
2. does anyone recall who the shop is in SF thats been discused here before that does the clutch replacement if its really needed for dirt cheap. Since the engine is out and warrenty is covering the engine pull and opening it up all I would have to pay for is the clutch So if I need it Id much rather pay them a few k then 10k+ to the dealer for the same part

I got a shit ton of pics too Ill post up when I figure out a fast way, or if someone wants to do it for me I can email them all to you

Old 02-02-2010 | 07:48 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
please everyone, dont all rush in so quickly to help me

went in to then dealer, they wanted 17k JUST for the clutch.

called around found some good offers around 10k.
Took the clutch to my auto tech and source the parts back to the original manufacture and for about 1/5 of the cost they can refurbish it

Porsche used to sell only the clutch pack for 8k or so, but now you have to buy the entire thing for 17k, fock that!

looks like between the clutch plate cover missing from the PPI (DAMMIT!!) and the 04 design clutch lever it wore out faster than it should.
New clutch, new plate, and new clutch lever should make it a good long time till I need a new one

Old 02-02-2010 | 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
As per Porsche shop manual......the clutch should be replaced at 28mm or less. I'm a bit surprised that you went through more then a mil and a half after less then 2500 miles. Specially since you obviously know how to drive and modulate the clutch on the CGT. I'd have that clutch measurement reconfirmed. Was there a different design in the clutch "lever" as you say in the 04's as compared to the 05's??

My dealer quoted me over 20k when I inquired before. Crazy money for sure. Were the "offers" of around 10k when you called around from authorized dealers?

Old 02-02-2010 | 08:04 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know about your clutch-problems but I will be more then happy to host your pics. PM me for email.

Old 02-02-2010 | 08:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
The problems I wish I had...

Old 02-02-2010 | 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by burnzie
The problems I wish I had...

+1

Old 02-02-2010 | 08:39 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Kuzi
As per Porsche shop manual......the clutch should be replaced at 28mm or less. I'm a bit surprised that you went through more then a mil and a half after less then 2500 miles. Specially since you obviously know how to drive and modulate the clutch on the CGT. I'd have that clutch measurement reconfirmed. Was there a different design in the clutch "lever" as you say in the 04's as compared to the 05's??

My dealer quoted me over 20k when I inquired before. Crazy money for sure. Were the "offers" of around 10k when you called around from authorized dealers?
how the hell I have 18k miles still on my orignal Lambo clutch and this is crapping out at 9110 is beyond me. I had my tech measure it and he got 28.5, but at this point with everything out theres no point to have to go back in in a few k miles to do it all over again.
there was a different design for 04 and 05, Porsche is covering the cost of replacing the clutch lever, but only if/when the engine is pulled for the 30k service. Bascily the old design alowed clutch dust and dirt to build up and cause it to wear more or not release enough, and wear out faster Long story short I got VERY lucky as they told me it was all to be covered under recall and gave me a loaner for 3 weeks before they did anything, then they found out they were wrong. So we made a lil deal for me to have the recall work done for less so they could get recouped a few k from Porsche for the loaner car Win win all around.

The other offers were from Ruf, GMG, and some place called Auto Cars Italia I believe.

Last edited by Auctung; 02-02-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2010 | 08:40 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by strebo
I don't know about your clutch-problems but I will be more then happy to host your pics. PM me for email.
I get with you for that after I go back tomorrow to get pics of the valve adjustment and pics of the engine and tranny seperated and opened up from each other

Old 02-02-2010 | 10:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta pay to play at this level, I suppose.

Old 02-02-2010 | 10:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
kable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like your dealer is pretty cool and tries to work with you, who are they?

Quick Reply: CGT clutch