Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Your top 5 best cars ever built, and why.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I can't put these cars in a top 5, going from 1-5 because they are very different.

Ferrari 250 GT California: Most beautiful Ferrari ever made if you ask me.

Name:  Ferrari 250 GT California LWB.jpg
Views: 2584
Size:  219.5 KB

Lamborghini Miura: Most beautiful car ever made.

Name:  Lamborghini Miura 19.jpg
Views: 1684
Size:  238.3 KB

Porsche Carrera GT: Best Porsche ever made (okay maybe the GT3RS 4.0 is better but look at the GT, it's awesome!)

Name:  Porsche Carrera GT 26.jpg
Views: 8253
Size:  268.6 KB

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren: Best GT ever made, it's so good that it became a hypercar.

Name:  Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 2.jpg
Views: 1714
Size:  207.7 KB

McLaren F1: some other members already gave a some good reasons.

Name:  McLaren F1 6.jpg
Views: 9370
Size:  209.4 KB

Some other cars I really like:

- Dodge Viper: it's so insane that it became funny, my favorite car.
- Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster: beautiful yet aggressive.
- Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato: Most beautiful Aston Martin & Zagato ever made, too bad they're so expensive
- Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic: gorgeous car, I like this car ever more after seeing one in real life.
- Ford Mustang Fastback & Mini Cooper: 2 classics, still awesome.
- Ferrari 288GTO.

Last edited by KristofD10; 01-24-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
1-Any CGT, no explanation needed.
2-Any 959; just an awesome car.
3-1957 MBZ 300 SL Gullwing, iconic.
4-1960 Jaguar XK150 vert; I don't need to explain this one either, but I will say that it was a game changer when it games to cars. I still would love to own one of these beauties eventually.
5-The 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' 1961 Ferrari GT California vert; I absolutely love this car, and it was one of the first cars that I fell in love with.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Senna105 is an unknown quantity at this point
1) Porsche 911 GT3 997.2
- hardcore enough to work perfectly for track days and still usable for most days or, at least when it's relatively dry out. Best looking 911 too.
2)Ferrari 458 Italia
- "everything to all people"-Chris Harris...too many other reasons to write down.
3)Aston Martin Virage (2011)
- It's an Aston and the best one at that...period.
4)Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG (biturbo)
- Looks great, sounds even better; the perfect everyday sports sedan...a baby S class.
5)Lamborghini Murcielago SV
-well sorted, tremendous V12 power, and do I need to say it sounds bonkers and looks incredible? For special occasions...

Attached Images      
Old 01-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ferdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the rough
Mclaren F1 LM
Best versión of the best car in the world, technology enough to live through decades, outstanding performance and still being a real road car.

Ferrari F40 LM
The living proof of a simple receipt with soul doing all the job.

Carrera GT
All senses pleased, sound, looks and roadster, more than enough.

Pagani Zonda R
No restrictions to meet, everything you can have in performance and looks, who doesn't want that?

959 S
Crossover, who said you could only be great in one world?

Old 01-26-2012, 05:40 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Carrera GT

No explanation needed here. It's the pinnacle of modern automotive engineering. The looks and the sounds are just out of this world. My alltime favorite car, that I've yet to see in it's natural habitat.

Ferrari Scuderia 16M.

A track-capable droptop 430 Scuderia? What's not to love.

Porsche 997.2 GT3

This car is my goal in life. IMO it's the best car for this kind of money you can buy. 8400rpm redline and the glorious sound of Porsches sublime flat-6. Perfect in every way.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Superveloce

"from the heavy rumble of a stormy night, through the trumpeting of mighty elephants to the roar of a raging lion, the SuperVeloce performs the grand opera for 12 cylinders, 48 valves and 8,000 revs"

It might not be the engineering pinnacle the CGT is, but I just love how badass it looks and the sound of the N/A V12 just makes me smile everytime I watch a video of it. When I was in London last summer my biggest hope was to see and hear a 670SV on the streets. In fact I walked around Knightsbridge for 2 days straight begging for one to show up. It never happend Oh well...

My favorite color combo. Grigio Telesto with Arancio Argos SV decals.

And last but not least. My W202. I love you for your reliability and how easy you are drive and I promise I'm gonna buy you a new side mirror before the summer I'm sure you'll be replaced someday, but I'll never forget you as the first car I bought with my own money.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by h20skier
I think you like Lambos
Do you like driving them or is this a looks thing?
You've picked extremely close looking cars that are all so similar

Just curious

I don't get the Zonda thing.

I must be the only guy in car forums that they just do nothing for.

It's better than the other 10 car a year manufacturers as far as looks go but they just seem weird to me.
With you on the Zonda thing....I just dont get them.

Mine (In no particular order since making a 5-car list is hard enough as is):

Bugatti Veyron - I mean come on....it's the fastest car in the world. 0-100mph in 5.7 seconds? Yes please.

Ford GT - The remake of a classic that changed racing forever.

Lamborghini Aventador - I like Lambo's and I think this may be the best one yet.

Audi R8 - The ultimate supercar daily driver, and a hell of a job done by Audi.

Carrera GT - this replaces some of the Ferarris that I was going to put here because while I haven't driven a CGT, Enzo, F40, or F50, I hear that the CGT is the ultimate drivers car out of all of those. So I give it the top 5 spot out of respect for Porsche's amazing build team, even though I don't always agree with their styling department (hardly ever actually)