Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by agentbird
Just bought the Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88, and after tuning it I came to think about a question that was asked way back in the thread about which cars in the game that exceeds 1000hp.

Here I'll add mine, add yours to the list if you've got some that I don't.
1:Bugatti Veyron : 1195hp
2:Red Bull X2010 : 1500hp
3:Suzuki Escudo : 1048hp
4odge Viper ACR : 1030hp
5:TVR Speed 12 : 1026hp
6:Jaguar XJR-9 : 1009hp
7:Toyota Minolta : 1008hp
I got the Veyron with 1241 bhp and the Minokta with 1015bhp

When you buy or win a car you've got to change the oil immediately and then you'll gain 5-10% in power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Raul, I can send you the 2J.
Awesome I need it for the historic race. I will send it right back

Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
agentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
Something else I spotted -

X2010 Red Bull Vettel (RB coloured) - can't change any transmission settings
X2010 Red Bull (coloured) - can change the max speed (default 304, max 311 mph)
X2010 Red Bull Proptotype (carbon) - think you can change all settings (need to confirm)

Also note that my white X2010 in the pic above has 0 miles on it, hence why it's under powered (as it hasn't yet been run
in).
I haven't tried to alter the settings on my Prototype, just have to finish the endurance race I'm currently running, then I'll try.

Maybe you want to trade me a white X2010 for it?
It has some miles on it, but not many..

Old 01-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Alex, I'd love an orange Red Bull X2010 or a carbon one. I'll send you the Escudo this weekend. I need to send Raul the Chaparral first.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
Awesome I need it for the historic race. I will send it right back
No worries man. You can keep it.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Since this game came out I've had maybe a whopping 2-3 hours a week to put into it. I'm at Level 25 and I just did some research online into some of the cars, XP, and other issues with the game, and I'm pretty depressed about it. It looks like it'll take me to about July-August before I'm even able to reach level 30 in order to do the Vettel challange.

Actually one of the main reasons I really wanted the game was to get the Red Bull X1, or the Carbon X1, to be specific. I have yet to even hook my PS3 up to the PSN - and add to that the fact that I have about zero time to play makes me a pretty dull & reclusive person. I also have a family member that keeps begging me to play Halo online with him, which I feel bad about not being able to do.

From what I can tell, the S. Vettel X2010 has a fixed 6-speed transmission and the other 2 cars have a 7-speed trans that you can adjust. Wouldn't that make the 7-speeds the "faster" around a racetrack cars? Can anyone confirm this?

If I can't get to the Vettel challenge in a reasonable amount of time in the future, I guess I'll be bribing one of you to send me a 0-mile Carbon X2010... I'd rather do that from a forum member here rather than someone from another forum.

Interesting note:
World record for the Nurburgring so far in a RB X2010 (happens to be the Carbon version) is below...damn thats fast:

3'19.786
YouTube - 3'19.786 - GT5 - RED BULL X1 -NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE

Old 01-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The X2010 S. Vettel version has 7 speeds... I hit 7th gear on the Like the Wind challenge at Indy.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Its definitely a 7speed, along with many other cars in the game. it will do 300mph if u can find a long enough straight away. I got it to 294 at Circuit De La Sarthe (no chicanes)

Old 01-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
agentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond repute
The Carbon X2010 is customizable

Old 01-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone on right now that wants to have some teamspeed races?

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread